what Silicone?

Zayne

you have to get one that doesn't have a fungicide added to it, you go to Mitre 10 or whatever and check on the packet that it mentions that its ok for aquariums. Selleys does one. You can buy it at the lfs but its way more expensive. After you use the silicone it takes a couple of weeks before you can use the tank

There are two curing types of silicone, for the life of me I can't remember the names of them and I know I should. The one you want is the one with the really strong smell, a quick search in this forum should tell you what it's called the question it has been asked before.

nutral and acidic

I use nutral

agree with the comment that you should not use fungile silicons

The main difference between Aquarium grade and those that are not is that the manufactures have not bothered to have them tested as the costs are huge and the sales increases are simply not worth it.

Silicon takes 1 full day per 1mm of thickness of joint.ie; 6mm of joint should be left for at least 6 days

I use 732 and every tank I have made in the last 5 years has been from either 732 or the equivalant number in black. 732 is clear.

As mentioned earlier, the difference inbetween aquarium safe of not is that it has not been tested.

When I had to repair a mussel tank for an Auckland seafood company, we could not find a tube anywhere in NZ that was food grade so had to seek advice from the manufacture who said they were all safe but hardly any is used so they have only had one number tested

All those sandwich cabinets that have been glued together ... chances are that none have been made with food grade silicon. Any of you dead from them?