Furan-2

bulldogod

Meds work better if there is just the fish for them to work against. Depending on hte action of the medication, some will be trying to kill all microorganisms so is working against the entire established tank, others get neutralised by various natural processes within the tank. Both of which are a waste of good meds.

Further, you will know the actual volume better of a hospital tank than your main tank.

Plus you won't risk staining anything.

Furan-2 also contains carcinogens. Its better to just have it set up in a hospital tank where you can wear gloves and clean the equipment properly after treatment. You don't want that stuff lingering in your normal setup and risk exposing yourself unknowingly.

which ones?

Its the Nitrofurazone...warns so right on the back of the package. Shown to produce mammary tumors on rats and ovarian tumors on mice. I haven't had the time to look these studies up in journals so I'm just going to believe them.

Don't let it touch your skin and don't breath it in. If you have a bubbler going, put a lid on the tank.

The amount of 95% furan I would have to ingest to start showing signs of cancer is sooo high that im actually more afraid of getting skin cancer cause of the sun.

good to be cautious though, I personally would not go all out and protect my self from "exposure" :lol:

pS- i unfortunately do not have the packaging for furan as i bought the commercial pack a while ago.

female mice and rats are genetically predisposed to getting tumours, as they all came from a very small population of domesticated lab rats and mice that were deliberately experimented on to give them cancers and tumours. over time the gene pool was not altered - as that is what they were bred for. That's why they get tumours.

particularly females.

• 4 weeks later...

dramatic muchly? :o

you have nothing to worry about. that "scientific" paper is anything but - too much emotive language.

(everything causes cancers these days). you should be petrified of developing cancer by second hand smoke and being stuck by lighting all at the same time :lol: