Glowing water

skuzza

Collected my water last friday 9.30pm.The water had thousands of little blue dots.As they broke the surface they look like LED lights.It made the water collecting a little bit more interesting as we had blue lights all over the trailer,our arm,the drums it was everywhere.Is this a seasonal thing or just luck.Looked amazing.

Some years back I was out night fishing with my son in our (then) 18.6' cabin boat.

Our lines in the water were causing this effect, and we were quite amused... until we saw the huge long phosphoresence streak breaking the surface about twenty feet from the boat.

We were even more shocked to see another streak not far from this one, and almost packed our pants when we saw the huge fins break the surface that belonged to a couple of basking Orca's.

Needless to say.. it was anchors up and back to the safety of the shore.

I too have done a few night dives, and to be honest, they never concerned me ...... until I saw this :):)

Bill.

last time i saw dolphins trailing phos it was 2am in the morning, i had no sleep for about 15hrs, we where on our way back from little barrier in a 2 handed race....

the first dolphin came in broad side like a torpedo....

i sh*t myself until i realised what it was, dived under the boat just before it got to us (as they seem to, smart those dolphins) .

it really is awesome to lean over the bow and watch the compression wave in the water also... the phos actually spreads out in front of you

best i have ever seen was diving near bali...

people glowed whaen they got back onto the boat... magic