Average at Animates

JK

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bird attacks kids. so I shall stay away.

I didn't see no bird.?

But if the bird is hungry it can have a feed

Just let me know and I will fatten the kids up before hand. :P

I am joking incase anyone thinks I am not :o

But on a more side note

You guys need to go into wet pets and have a look at the prices of the tanks and also other items.

Also get the staff to take note of what is going on in the shop

Maybe a nice lil 'Do you need a hand there or are you looking for something'

Wouldn't go astray :)

you didn't see "no" bird cause I was not there. He is not allowed near kids any how so you guys are safe. :)

You guys need to go into wet pets and have a look at the prices of the tanks and also other items.

If you have any issues with the palmerston north store please take it up with the manager. A letter would be sufficient, but im sure you could meet her in person if you felt very strongly about the cause.

you didn't see "no" bird cause I was not there. He is not allowed near kids any how so you guys are safe.

If you have any issues with the palmerston north store please take it up with the manager. A letter would be sufficient, but im sure you could meet her in person if you felt very strongly about the cause.

If they are under staffed I know a person who would work for free on the weekends to gain some work experience 8)

But like you said I should take that up with the Manager as well.

sure thing. just use a water conditioner - i use prime cause it works out cheaper and you'll be sweet.

depending on what part of plamy you are in you may or may not have to buffer the water you are getting.

in the central city all is good,

near the lagoon and river where I am - the water is very soft, and used to settle at pH5.5 in my tank.

sure thing. just use a water conditioner - i use prime cause it works out cheaper and you'll be sweet.

depending on what part of plamy you are in you may or may not have to buffer the water you are getting.

in the central city all is good,

near the lagoon and river where I am - the water is very soft, and used to settle at pH5.5 in my tank.

So might be alright then.

Will make sure I say hi if we ever go back to the store.

There's 3 Animates stores in CHCH and we get mixed experiences from all of them.

Town (Moorhouse) is an absolute joke, you never get served and I can't actually recall buying much there except the $399 Blue Planet tank or a few accessories when they're on sale. When we bought the tank is was ex display but only the water had been taken out and not even all of it. We had to scoop the stones out by ourselves into plastic shopping bags while 3 or 4 staff members stood around doing not much at all.

Papanui is alright, though again I don't think we've bought much from there either. Never really dealt with the staff (because they never approach us) except when asking about a tank that was on special .. which turned out to be on Layby for someone else anyway :-?

Tower Junction are awesome. The guys in there know their stuff, recognize us (we're weekend regulars :lol:) and greet us when we come in and have a good joke with us about stuff and are happy to do us deals. Plus we entered and won the Pimp My Tank competition so have a $120 voucher we're trying to spend there. The fish we've bought from there are always happy and healthy and never have any issues.

So yeah, I guess the point of my message is to not only vent about the town store because they're useless :evil: but also to say that it really does depend on the staff in the store.

We tend to mainly shop in Organism or Redwood when we can because they're cheaper and we like to support the smaller shops too.

Does anyone know if animates is a franchise? It might explain the lack of consistency.

check out the brief for store manager: http://www.animates.co.nz/default.aspx? ... rs&ax=list

absolutely nothing about experience or passion for animals.. same for the "sales professionals" and Merchandisers.

Only "fish maintenance " prefers you have some prior experience though not essential!

these statements says it all :

We’ll develop your potential.

We want to bring out the best in you. At Animates, we encourage you to be constantly learning new things. Our training programmes are designed to provide a solid grounding in all facets of Sales and Management, while mentoring from senior staff provides experienced guidance to help your development.

We’ll reward you.

For the right people, Animates offers an exciting career within one of New Zealand’s fastest growing retail companies. We offer excellent rates of pay and a bonus scheme is available to all staff.

source: http://www.animates.co.nz/default.aspx?x=Employment - Great Staff

that's fantastic for for Sales and retail training ... but don't expect to to find good grounded animal advice as the norm.. that's a bonus if you do! Pity they don't put as much effort into training staff for animal knowledge and care.