Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Plants for native lizards

Featured Replies

Hi I am hiving another go at setting up an outdoor native gecko terrarium

what kinds of plants do the NZ green tree geckos like?

I was thinking of setting up a tank with alot of ferns but alot of them get to big for the terrarium

I was hoping to put them in what smaller ones are there that are still safe.

(by the wat I am getting one of these for my birth day to put them in)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 634202.htm

  • Author

I had heard some one on hear say that it is alright for use with native lizards I am also going to put steel chicken mesh around the out side other wise it would be far to easy for predators to get in.

seen some green geckos at rainbow springs at the weekend

asked keeper if you need a permit etc he said yes and there worth $40,000 on the black market

also seen the baby tuataras been fed(there 5yrs old)fat juicie wax worms

What do you mean by having another go?

asked keeper if you need a permit etc he said yes and there worth $40,000 on the black market

Sweet, I have 160k sitting here in that case.

40k overseas maybe, not in nz though.

Done use ferns, they are slow growing and will get broken. Cant remember what I'm using right now, but will post when i remember.

That enclosure you linked in no good IMO

What do you mean by having another go?

Sweet, I have 160k sitting here in that case.

40k overseas maybe, not in nz though.

Done use ferns, they are slow growing and will get broken. Cant remember what I'm using right now, but will post when i remember.

That enclosure you linked in no good IMO

one of the reasons they are soo expensive overseas is that they are ileagally potched and arnt supoosed to be kept theyd get a massicve fine if cuaght

only if they are caught at our border,once out of the country its open slather,I have heard you can even buy tuataras overseas?don`t know what the price would be but $40,000 for green geckoes,the mind boggles?Also reptile keeping is another dimension to what we are used to here.

when over seas have spoken to people that had herd of nz natives for sale in the usa. tuatara were 150k-250k depending on age and sex, they are breeding them really well, but its all kept under raps.

one of the reasons they are soo expensive overseas is that they are ileagally potched and arnt supoosed to be kept theyd get a massicve fine if cuaght

The reason they are expensive is they are rare...

AFAIK at one stage they exported them legally and thats where 99% of the overseas stock has come from

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.