August 27, 200917 yr comment_326108 Hi I am hiving another go at setting up an outdoor native gecko terrarium what kinds of plants do the NZ green tree geckos like? I was thinking of setting up a tank with alot of ferns but alot of them get to big for the terrarium I was hoping to put them in what smaller ones are there that are still safe. (by the wat I am getting one of these for my birth day to put them in) http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 634202.htm Report
August 27, 200917 yr comment_326115 are you sure tht DOC will give you a permit in that enclosure Report
August 27, 200917 yr Author comment_326117 I had heard some one on hear say that it is alright for use with native lizards I am also going to put steel chicken mesh around the out side other wise it would be far to easy for predators to get in. Report
August 28, 200917 yr comment_326278 seen some green geckos at rainbow springs at the weekend asked keeper if you need a permit etc he said yes and there worth $40,000 on the black market also seen the baby tuataras been fed(there 5yrs old)fat juicie wax worms Report
August 28, 200917 yr comment_326295 What do you mean by having another go? asked keeper if you need a permit etc he said yes and there worth $40,000 on the black market Sweet, I have 160k sitting here in that case. 40k overseas maybe, not in nz though. Done use ferns, they are slow growing and will get broken. Cant remember what I'm using right now, but will post when i remember. That enclosure you linked in no good IMO Report
August 28, 200917 yr comment_326323 What do you mean by having another go? Sweet, I have 160k sitting here in that case. 40k overseas maybe, not in nz though. Done use ferns, they are slow growing and will get broken. Cant remember what I'm using right now, but will post when i remember. That enclosure you linked in no good IMO one of the reasons they are soo expensive overseas is that they are ileagally potched and arnt supoosed to be kept theyd get a massicve fine if cuaght Report
August 28, 200917 yr comment_326324 only if they are caught at our border,once out of the country its open slather,I have heard you can even buy tuataras overseas?don`t know what the price would be but $40,000 for green geckoes,the mind boggles?Also reptile keeping is another dimension to what we are used to here. Report
August 28, 200917 yr comment_326325 when over seas have spoken to people that had herd of nz natives for sale in the usa. tuatara were 150k-250k depending on age and sex, they are breeding them really well, but its all kept under raps. Report
August 29, 200917 yr Author comment_326334 I did once see a web site in the states with duavecels geckos for sale. Report
August 29, 200917 yr comment_326369 have a look it this web site http://www.geckosunlimited.com/communit ... naultinus/ Report
August 29, 200917 yr comment_326385 that tank will be fine but make sure the mesh you put on is secure a cat could get true that in a sinch Report
August 30, 200917 yr comment_326454 one of the reasons they are soo expensive overseas is that they are ileagally potched and arnt supoosed to be kept theyd get a massicve fine if cuaght The reason they are expensive is they are rare... AFAIK at one stage they exported them legally and thats where 99% of the overseas stock has come from Report
August 30, 200917 yr comment_326489 have a look it this web site http://www.geckosunlimited.com/communit ... naultinus/ I :lol: at it My dad has a money tree in with his, he seems to enjoy sitting on it I reckon you would be better off making your own or getting someone to make it for you Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.