What to do in Palmerston North?

paul_r

im coming down to Palmerston North either today or tomorrow and going to be there until maybe weds.

what is there to do there, i hear the night life is great with the students and army guys (am staying with a student and army friend) so no doubt will be copious ammounts of cheap drinks consumed.

ive packed my paintball gear would quite like to have a game somewhere in the bush if there is facilities for this.

any fish shops anyone can recomend going to visit?

any good trout fishing around?

what else is there to do thats fun?

ive never been to palmy before so got no idea what there is to do

cheers

oh and as far as nightlife goes..

well... stay away from the - wave pointy stick at Phoenix here, Admin - first year students.

you will know who they are - they usually are on the floor spweing up and acting silly.

what is there to do there, i hear the night life is great with the students and army guys (am staying with a student and army friend) so no doubt will be copious ammounts of cheap drinks consumed.

big nights in town include thursday nights and saturday nights.

where you playin paintball?

hahahaha must reserve from making comments about said students... but i have a girlfriend so tryna get some is not on my to do list

am thinking i will come all way down today, no doubt ill be parched by the time i get there.

have nothing planned for paintball, i take my gear everywhere just in case the opportunity arises for a game. its one of those addictions that suck up alot of my money and dont get alot of oportunities to use it

are there any bars around that have poker nights?

would love to come check out tank and rusty, my cell is 0273538557 if you wanna send me a txt and sort something out

The nightlife is amazingly pathetic, with far too much testosterone-fuelled idiocy and drunk, stumbling morons who think being drunk and stumbling is a sign of their utter coolness.... but that may rock your boat.

Apparently there is decent trout fishing in the Manawatu. Do a search, there will be sites that tell you where to go. I see trout feeding when I look over the manawatu bridge, very neat to watch!

Haven't heard of any paintball facilities...

Definitely check out Wet Pets and Animates. Wet Pets has quite a spectacular fishy section.

What sort of things do you like doing? That would help with making some recommendations.

yeh, m8 im at work at the moment. but can definitely meet up. you might even be able to see treo the angry hermit parrot who has no friends :lol:

im pretty sure rosy o gradys have poker nights.

maybe the stunned mullet or high flyers and some other bars do it as well.

I'm sure you're much more responsible than I was as a 18 year old......

define responsible :D my "boy racer" car is not road legal at the moment (just installing new clutch setup to handle extra power) so will just be in my crusty 4age trueno, i like the cruzes etc end meeting up with people to talk cars and there seems to be alot of eye candy around aswell but so over the munters that ruin it and give the rest of us car enthusiests a bad name.

Will find out night life for myself i guess, so over the days of consuming vast ammounts of alcohol mixed with various substances, like to think ive grown out of those sillier days. mainly like the live rock/metal bands that some bars have, we have nothing like that in whakatane, 3 clubs that all play the same music that isnt really my taste

as for what i like doing, the outdoors, shooting fishing relaxing. random missions really. plus im on holiday so im keen to try anything once within reason

a ae101 manual with silvertop 4age standard everything bar lowered and on some 15" stilettoes, scored it for $500, best 500 ive ever spend rediculously cheap to run and reliable as. plus love how quiet the exhaust is.

its looks rough as but runs like a dream, handles well and has quite good power, just my daily, havnt spent a cent on it except oil n gas.

ive got my good car, 5efte (1500) gt starlet which im building into a track car

well made it in one piece last night, rubbish weather rained pretty much all the way from taupo. one of the mates took me for a drive on foxton beach, awesome mission.

may be going to wellington on sunday but if not sure id love to tag along to meeting

i think we are going to check out the fish shops today