September Meeting of Totally Tanked

humvee

Hi All

The September meeting is being held on Sat 5th at 5pm at my place (61 Carisbrooke St, Wainoni). Anyone welcome - just let me know if you're coming and please bring a plate of food to share.

Look forward to seeing you all then (and fingers crossed for a demo of the new tt website!)

Forgot to mention:

We'll be doing a bit of fundraising - we have a bunch of fish and plants kindly donated to us from Redwood Aquatics (thx Bob) that we will be selling and all funds going into the club.

The fish: tiger barbs, neons, swordtails and a couple of guppies.

The plants: I'm not a plant person but hopefully we will have someone at the meeting who knows their stuff! There is about 6 different plants plus a whole pile of java moss

I've also got some of my own fish that I'll donate to the club (platys and some pineapple swords which were females but are now males :o, and may throw in a couple of gba's as well).

Stephikins: don't think we've meet so looking forward to meeting another fishy person :)

Snake kid: it will be great to meet you and you're more than welcome to bring friends along.

All members please don't forget to Email Erica with your preferences for President and Vice President by the end of today so the delegates can ascertain your preferences and pass on their proxy votes in time for the meeting on 29 August as we will not be attending.

Many thanks

Alan

Yes it will be my first meeting. Also was going to buy some neons on the weekend but should I just wait and see what's offered at the meeting and definately could do with some java moss. I have just adopted another male and female fighter have put the female in with my first female and male and the male is in an isolation tank in my big tank. Was trying to encourage breeding but not sure how long I should give them till i swap the males over.

I am keen to go too. This will be my first meeting. Happy to rideshare if anyone is going from Halswell area. I am on call that weekend so there is a small chance I will get called into work but otherwise I will see you all there!

Jen

I'm not sure! I gave some to Donna so she could see if her turtles would eat it, what was the outcome?

At the rate my moss is growing, I'll prob be able to bring a few handfuls every meeting, so plenty for all!

Might have some (tiny pieces of) java fern too. Like, all those annoying bits that like getting stuck in the filter inlet :x

Looking forward to meeting all the new people!

Looking forward to meeting a bunch of new fishy/reptile people tonight.

Also thought I'd mention that I'm going to have a big fish cleanout - our angelfish eggs have just hatched and hubby won't let me another tank, so have to make room in the ones I've already got. So I will have for sale:

Guppies: young but old enough to sex

Plattys: lotsa young (2cm) plus gorgeous red wag male, and 2 red wag females

Angelfish: my second breeding pair (well they lay eggs but they eat them after a day), young adult silver/black and young adult gold

Swordtails: 3x male pineapple

Breeding Colony of Albino Cory: unknown how many are male or female but have eggs whenever we do a coldish water change and I know there is a fertile male amongst them.

Bronze Cory Female

GBAs - most 4-5cm long

Red Spot Pleco - 25cm long

All fish that I sell will have a portion donated to the club as well.