Smallest heater

JazzyJeff

watcha got cookin JJ ?

LOL! Gone and got meself another Betta - just HAD to have it!! I want to put it temporarily in a small tank until I find a home for my Killies then move it into the AR380. He is currently in the big tank in a prison oooops I mean a breeder net :oops:

we in new zealand and australia run on 230volt electricity but USA runs on 110volt electricity so if you plugged 110volt into ours it would go BANG big time :wink:

Oh, Ok, thanks but I not want the big BANG part of it... do they come without the complimentary BANG? :wink:

Its just a shame the jebo heaters are rubbish and either blow up and stop working or jam on and cook your fish :(

I have seen some tiny heaters around it would just be a case of trolling the net using all sorts of search terms and finding a brand etc that was available here sounds like the sera or elite might be the go :)

Its just a shame the jebo heaters are rubbish and either blow up and stop working or jam on and cook your fish :(

I've had that happen .. it was 20 years ago so can't remember the heater brand.. not sure if it jammed or got cracked and electrocuted the fish .. but it was not a pretty sight to come home to! :-( I packed up the tank and haven't gone near fish again till recently.

I purchased 7 300W ones because they were $20ea, within the 1 year guarantee period 3 went back because they broke, within 2 years of buying them only 1 still went.. Most of them just died, but one stuck on luckily I realized and saved the fish but I wouldn't recommend them :)

I've bought a few Elite Heaters not sure I would bother again :roll:

The first one filled up with Water, so my Guppys had NO Heater at all for a day untill I noticed the Water was Stone Cold.

They dont keep their Temp terribly well either, I have 3 of the same Heater, 1 Overheats, 1 Underheats, and the other seems to Flucuates.

:o:o:o ive got a jebo, and if it goes bang i doubt 1 150w would cut it....

dont like the sound of my fish being electrocuted! ive got nearly my perfect setup now after 3 years of student saving (and genorous donation :wink: 8) )

what heater do people recommend then? ive got a 250l tank, and ive been using 2 150w (i think they are :-? )

any brand in particular?