New Fighter Tank

I thought I'd post pics of my new fighter tank. It's an old tank I had set up but wanted to divide it up for my fighters. It has 10 compartments that are 15cms x 15cms x 30cms so holds about 6.75 litres each. The dividers have holes drilled in them and it's filtered by 2 box filters in the back corners and is heated by a 100W heater in the middle comparment.

Heres a top veiw pic

Image083.jpg

Full veiw pic

Image082.jpg

And a pic of one of the compartment

Image081.jpg

I'll add some of the fighters tommorrow and post some pics of them in thier new home later.

Let me know what you think of the tank.

I like the dividers, but wonder how the water moves around in the tank as the box filters will be circulating the water in the compartment that they are in and not much flow to the next compartment.

The dividers have holes in them so some water will be going through to the other compartments so it'll have water circulating. (It probably won't suck up all of the poo and stuff but I'll siphon that out)

It's a great design but the only thing that would bother me would not being able to see all of them at once :roll: :roll:- (at me)

what are the divides made of just wondering??

The dividers are made out of clear perspex so they can all see each other and flare and then I can see them all.

What do you man I wouldn't be able to see them all?

There will be enough water movement to keep the temp even. This is what i've done with my guppy babies and it works. Betta don't need water movement anyways.

Just curious though...won't the constant views of each other and flaring wear the fish out?

Looks Great Cam :hail: :bounce:

Maybe if you leave abit of a gap at the bottom of the perspex where it meets with the bottom of the Tank, you may get abit better water flow though the Tank that way.

Cant wait to see it full of Fighters :bounce:

I've just got a new Blue Boy and a new Red Boy, love them to bits, such Handsome Wee Fellas.

methinks he means see them all at the same time side/side... lol

i know what he means, but its still a good design

Oh lol. :oops:

There will be enough water movement to keep the temp even. This is what i've done with my guppy babies and it works. Betta don't need water movement anyways.

Just curious though...won't the constant views of each other and flaring wear the fish out?

Yip. Theres enough water movement to keep the temp even but as you say the fighters don't need much water flow so hopefully they'll have enough water flow to keep them happy and healthy. I'm hoping that keeping them together so they can see each so they can flare at each other will keep their fins strong but and keep them strong but not wear them out. I can always make something so they can't see each other but I'm hooping they'll be fine as they are.

Looks Great Cam :hail: :bounce:

Maybe if you leave abit of a gap at the bottom of the perspex where it meets with the bottom of the Tank, you may get abit better water flow though the Tank that way.

Cant wait to see it full of Fighters :bounce:

I've just got a new Blue Boy and a new Red Boy, love them to bits, such Handsome Wee Fellas.

I thought of leaving a gap but thought it'd be too hard as I'd probably have to glue the dividers in place (at the moment I can remove them if I want)

I'll post some pics hopefully tomorrow if they arrive safely.

What type are your new fighters? You should post some pics of them 8)

How does the perspex stay in place? How thick is it?

The perspex is 3mms. It has the middle piece that goes the length of the tank which you cut slits in it where you want to have the other dividers slide into. Then you cut slits in the center of the dividers that go from the front of the tank to the back and then slide all the pieces together and put them in the tank. It's a fairly simple design that looks really good when finished.

Wow – great work. I have a techie/silly question tho – I'm considering doing my own type of thing like this, but, having had a go & failed miserably, am wondering how you successfully cut the perspex? Every time I tried with a little hacksaw, no matter how slow I went, it would crack and break.

Wow – great work. I have a techie/silly question tho – I'm considering doing my own type of thing like this, but, having had a go & failed miserably, am wondering how you successfully cut the perspex? Every time I tried with a little hacksaw, no matter how slow I went, it would crack and break.

My acrylic hasn't arrived yet but maybe I'll have the same problem?

It's all been cut roughly to size but I need to cut out a space in a lid for the H.O.B and may need to sand(?) down some pieces to fit inside.

This if my favourite CT male

Image098.jpg

Image100.jpg

Another CT male (I couldn't get a good pic of him as he wanted to flare at the male behind him)

Image114.jpg

Image118.jpg

And a CT girl (she decided to have a fight in the bag so she's a bit nipped)

Image104.jpg

Image102.jpg

Thanks dlums. They've settled in now and the males seem to have each found a different male that they like to flare at while the blue HM tries to attack and flare at everything :-? :roll: