Importable plecos

jamosfish

do you have a licenced facility to keep them in>>>???

many fish on the import list will never make it in due to mark up... no one is going to pay a good $200 - 300 unless they are series hobysits, even then their are not 300 of them around sadly...

Heard a rumor that the L46 was comming onto the lists, dobt will see them put id love to :)

thats rather expensive even for AUZ... usually around $1100 AUZ per fish and thats at about 4cm?

so mayby but i would rather buy 25 juvies and grow them out??? far better investment (and fun :))

I know of breeders that would sell them for $125 USD around 200NZD give or take if i am thinking or the correct exchange rate...

But we wont see them for a long time sadly (hope someone will prove me wrong) because id be 1st in line (along with many other people) to snap them up:):)

So NZD$200 each.

Throw in Freight, customs and quarantine costs, allow for attrition in those proces will give you a fish the wholesalers will want at least $450.00 per fish to make the whole thing worth their while which makes them a "Grand" retail.

Or would the importer keep them as a group for the 2 yrs to get to breeding age and then sell offspring?

Forget the rumours- they aren't almost here.

They are still not allowed as far as ERMA is concerned.

talked to a importer who said they were going to be (+some other fish) added to the 2010 list?

Probably imported and breed???

However i talked to the old owner of the goldfish bowl, he told me what their was a wholesaler who was acctually trying to breed them ATM??? so i guess we will see what happens (that is if anything does?)

here is what you can typically get in this week

blue fin panaque

gold phantoms

gold phantom show size 11cm

blue phantom

yellow seam pleco

white spotted blue pleco

leopard pleco

tiger pleco

big band tiger pleco L288

ancistrus Ranuncululus

scarlet pleco (cochilidon) large and medium

leopard frog pleco

snowball pleco

magnum pleco

niveatus pleco

goldy pleco

Iv just typed it out as is - note the lack of L numbers.

Any one know what the yellow seam pleco may be? the real gold nugget perhaps?

same with white spotted blue pleco - any one know what that may be as well?

Thanks.

oh and hope the list helps.

It does not reflect only what is in the country - but just some of the plecos that can be bought.