HELP ! What bird is this??

BikBok

Riiiiggghhhtttt....

If it's good enough for my bird to do with me, it's good enough for me to do with the bird, right? :P

Puke chicks seem to be especially good at trying to get themselves "rescued" by people. Was at the RC plane field a couple years ago when a little chick went waddling across the strip, past a couple of running planes towards a couple people then parked himself under another plane. Brave or stupid little guy, I'm not sure which.

get some insects chew them up and then regurgitate for the chick :wink:

lol

I have a parrot breeder friend in the USA and she used to add apple puree to her baby chicks handrearing recipe.

As an aside.. she had a kakariki pair amongst her many birds...gosh .. here in NZ we have to permit, in the staes you can buy them freely ... OUR native birds!

I have a parrot breeder friend in the USA and she used to add apple puree to her baby chicks handrearing recipe.

Probably not ideal to use the dietary suggestions from omnivorous, primarily herbivorous bird for a carnivorous one.

there's a brilliant bird rescue lady on the north shore, if you give the spca a ring they'll give you her details, and they might even collect it and take it to her. She always has a load of babies of all different types, might be another plover for him to be mates with :)

And then he'll get re-introduced to the wild, so you wont be stuck with a noisy pet.

good news

We looked after the bird Friday and Saturday and most of today and then decided to take another walk along the golf course in the hopes of finding it's siblings/parents.

Now that we know what it was and what the parents look like and what they sound like we just followed

the "gaak gaak" sound until we found some.

My Daughter got as close as she could and put in a hollowed leafy area and then retreated to watch what would happen.

The baby started chirping and a bird came over and sat down beside it, then another came , then flew away and came back again (hopefully with food).

So we quietly left and hopefully the little chick will make it after all!