cold water marine tanks

sas137

anyone keeping cold water marine tanks with photos arround , i wouldnt mind setting up my 3ft by 5ft tank up but would like to see others tanks to get some idears, and what fish people are keping, do we have any other typs of crustation other than crabs and crafish out in our reefs any suggestions welcome for cold water marine

I used to have one that had those lovely red warratah anemones in it among other things. There are those glass shrimps, they adapt well but like jumping, and starfish are cool but will eat anyone that stays still long enough. I had a neat nudibranch that I found too. The hardest part is keeping things cool therefore rockpool dwellers are good as they tolerate changes in temperature and salinity better

We have had a cold water marine too but no pics sorry (before digital cameras :wink: )

We made ours a rock pool marine and it had all sorts in it, even a tiny octopus (until he escaped). We had chitons, brittlestars, starfish, anemones, sea cucumbers, a hermit crab, lots of shrimp, rockfish and triplefins to name a few.

Had major problems in summer though as, without a chiller, we could not keep the temperature low enough. Even rock pool dwellers can only tolerate warmer temperatures for a short period.