Blue Planet Tanks

bottlerocket

I have just bought a Blue Panet tank and find the fillter return quite annoying. If i turn the water flow valve up, then the water returning to the tank produces quite large bubbles which then gather under the filter box causing large air bubbles. I hope this makes sense. Does anyone else find this happens with their Blue Planet setup and does any one know off a way to avoid this. Thanks

yes I know what you mean and thought they are extremely loud also. apparently its the new design to have all those bubbles coming out. if you look on the filter box where the outlet is there is a slit in the actual box itself. if you can manage to block that up some how I would imagine the air supply wouldnt come through. but if you have any problems with the pump from doing that it may not be under warranty from modifying it. hope this helps

I see what you mean about the slots in the fillter box, seems to be pointless. I was thinking about filling the last part of the fillter box with more bio rings but after seeing the slots in the box I dont think they will have any affect on the bubbles. agggg the bubbles :bounce: they are doing my head in, oh and thanks for the help so far :D

We stopped our 140 litre from doing that by cutting a piece of silicone hose and stuffing it along the split. Seems to have completely stopped the bubbling. Still, we've complained to Animates and they're getting a new unit for us :].

BluePlanetFault2.jpg

BluePlanetFault1.jpg

With our tank it wasn't the fact that the water was coming out too fast and splashing etc, it was that the volume of water rushing past a small opening was creating a pretty strong venturi effect and sucking a heck of a lot of air in - creating a hell of a lot of noise! So you got stung with the constant powerhead hum, the sucking noise, the bubbles bouncing around and finally the popping.