How to feed ornate

bulldogod

How long has it been in the tank and what else is in there?? I feed mine just on lights out and make sure there's a few big bits of shrimp floating around the bottom when the lights go off, and they're usually gone in the morning and the ornate has a budge in his stomach. I haven't actually seen him eat anything for years...

Hes about 20-25cms and been in tank since saturday,Hes in with flowerhorn, severums, borneo and silver dollars,I put some frozen mussel in so it would sink and did it in just before lights out and it was gone in morning but not sure if he had it, flowerhorn is a eating machine so ?????. Thinking of putting him in another tank.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just got one the same size as your Bulldog. It wasnt eating for first week but hell it making up for it now. mine wasnt keen on the mussel but goes nuts over the Ox heart. It is eating every thing now. Mine eats at any time of the day.

Hes about 20-25cms and been in tank since saturday,Hes in with flowerhorn, severums, borneo and silver dollars,I put some frozen mussel in so it would sink and did it in just before lights out and it was gone in morning but not sure if he had it, flowerhorn is a eating machine so ?????. Thinking of putting him in another tank.

He may struggle to get food with those guys... mine do with the dats ive got. i often feed after lights out when the dats are sleepy.