Rescaped tank ideas? (Pictures)

SamH

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Men don't have paws Zev!

IDK about "hacking" it off, might have to go nice and carefully with a razor blade. And if it breaks, who's going to lose out? Me! Which fish don't and won't jump? Rams are fine, right?

BTW, that 1st tank looks super sweet.

For goodness sake, it is only a two footer, if it is 6mm glass it has a safety factor of eight...

If in doubt, ask Barrie, I was sitting next to him when he was building a two footer and he said that the bracing that you put at each end was not necessary and did nothing for the strength of the tank.

seeing as i cant pm you atm for some reason :-? , have you read it yet????

and is there anything i have missed/ need to add??

and how long is this pointy stick (it might come in handy some day :wink: ......)

Pointy stick is MINE.... hands off! :wink:

NVRM, just did a quite search on TM and realised what they are :oops:

Might use those instead of hanging from the ceiling. :-?

Haha, did the ponity stick choose you or did you choose the pointy stick (Harry Potter reference :nerd-face:

Do we get things like these for mounting lights in NZL? (Fifth post down) I think they're called Conduits?

You can, the electrical stuff is either grey or orange and made of PVC - I would not use it for structural stuff like hanging a light fitting over a tank.

You can get steel or rigid conduit, but I don't think it has the flanges that you see in the pic, and you usually have to thread it and use joiners (you could ask Simian, it has been a long time since I have had to deal with conduit) or maybe that is water pipe?

The pointy stick was a gift from a HBAS and NZKA member...