Coral shots

suphew

I did a water change on the weekend and took the chance to take some top down photo's with the pumps off. Thought you guys might like to see some.

Montipora tuberculosa

P7190072.jpg

Tri-colour Acro

P7190069.jpg

And a different Tri-colour

P7190064.jpg

Acropora millepora, this is the pink one. I also have a green one and recently got a blue one as well, but both are frags and just starting to come right

P7190062.jpg

And lastly a little critter I spotted crawling round one morning.

P7050019.jpg

As livingart says, no algae on corals, reef tanks that a long time to cycle mature, sometimes up to a year or more, during this time you will get various different algae blooms. But once this is over the tanks need to be keep with very low nutrients for the corals to do well, so algae doesn't really do so well. I clean the glass ever week or two and that is about it for algae.

As livingart says, no algae on corals, reef tanks that a long time to cycle mature, sometimes up to a year or more, during this time you will get various different algae blooms. But once this is over the tanks need to be keep with very low nutrients for the corals to do well, so algae doesn't really do so well. I clean the glass ever week or two and that is about it for algae.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Love the (brittle)sea star?

PP