Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bad Eel, anything I can do?

Featured Replies

Hi all

Peacock eel, about 1.5 years since I bought it, grown significantly, about 20cm or a bit more.

Just now when the light was off I saw it trying to eat my Siamese Algae Eater, failed though as the fish was slightly too big and managed to get away, although visible scaring on its skin.

Anything I can do? Apart from selling one of them. Probably no other solution right? It's very well fed.

Cheers

You don't have to sell anything as long as you can move one of them to a different tank or seperate them.

I'd like to see waht would happen if the Eel was with Ira's black shark...

Stick it in the same Tank as Ira's Black Shark :lol:

:lol: While we're at it, why don't we put all our 'naughty' fish in one tank?

I know of a few more potential tank mates... :roll:

:lol: While we're at it, why don't we put all our 'naughty' fish in one tank?

I know of a few more potential tank mates... :roll:

Yes! Now would we call it UFC(Ultimate Fish Championship) or WCW(Water Championship Wrestling)? Glass boxing?

If they are nawty, put them in wif Lars my Silver aro, he dont like nawty fish - nawty fish will be punished .... :o

But its still wrong to put apple snails in with clown loaches? :-?

  • Author

Ok, so no easy solution.

Probably have to sell the SAE. All the other fish the eel definitely won't be able to eat. This eel is definitely NOT shy, never has been. As it grows I'll have to be careful with hand feeding it as its jaws are getting pretty hard and sharp.

Another question. Would earth worms be safe for it to eat? There's a compost box where I dump my lawn trimmings in the garden, plenty of small earth worms in there.

...

Worms should be fine to feed it, maybe cut them up juss incase. My Fire Eel 'Allie' used to eat them all the time if no worries. :-)

I have compost worms that I sometimes feed to my fish. I was once told that the contents of the worms' gut can be very bitter, and that you're best to put the worms in a container with some bread overnight so they eat the bread and clean the compost out of their gut before feeding them to the fish. I have no idea whether this is true, or how the person discovered that worms taste bitter! :o

All my naughty fish have been banned from my house... (There's a very fat and very naughty Choc Talking Catfish now living in Wangas!)

Either that or they were eaten by my 'good' fish. :o

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.