[question] grass matt / grass bottom - which plant to choose

wsun013

Yep, the key thing here is the light. The majority of low-growing carpet plants need high light to be successful. What lighting do you have in your tank? And what depth is it? (In a deep tank the light can have trouble penetrating the water.) Also what kind of substrate do you have?

Your answers to these questions will help to decide on an appropriate carpet plant.

Thanks for all the replies.

The water depth is around 40cm. The lighting are normal florescent lighting (as in the office) but very close to the tank. I am having those 4-6mm gravels down the button with height of 3-5 cm.

Many thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
Whats the Wattage of the lighting? I think thats another thing to take into account - im new too so plz correct me if im wrong .

Yes, the wattage of the lighting and also the colour are both important. If you look at the light tube it will tell you all the info you need - just post it here and I'm sure someone will help to interpret it!

For example one of my tubes says:

TLW 36W/865 Cool Daylight

Which means it's 36 watts, a T8 type of tube, 6500k colour (which Phillips calls "cool daylight' colour).