Fundulopanchax nigerianus Misaj gold's

Barrie

BEWARE

there is a trade on TM that is for the above killis.

They are wrongly called Misaj. This refers to the collection site and is not correct. This person appares to be either incorrect or trying to miss lead buyers. I have complained to TM so will see what they will do.

I have no problem with the fish but to name it Misaj when they are not from there is not correct. I belive them to be aquarium strain.

The seller has blacklisted me so he apares to have something to hide

unless its just been imported, there are none here in NZ

If they have just been imported, Im yet to see them, Im guessing they have just done a search and taken a guess to make them look rearer and more valuable

This happens all the time with africans as well :( Really grinds my gears but I am yet to have trademe or sellers care, they see it as people trying to undermine their auctions, whereas I see it as people should be advertising correctly and not ripping people off.. Good luck Barrie :)

Best to keep Maf out of it. Most killies are permitted imports anyway so can't see them getting too excited. You see the same discussions going on over various African lake cichlids as well. I suspect they have done a google search and come up with a picture of a fish that looks like what they have. If you want the real thing--join the real club and deal with the real people.

I suppose your right Alan, just annoys me that someone may well get missled.

I sure the guy knows it as well or why else ban me for asking a question

Tempted to put one up for sale beside him with the correct details... will see what happens in the next month eh

have a look at your Items lost and you will see he raised the starting bid to $500 them put sold on it... interesting

I dont know of anyone in Auckland that has been breeding these and selling them for the last 12 months

• 2 weeks later...