Greetings!

adamkerrnz

Hello FNZAS,

I'm pretty new to fish keeping, but am learning a lot so far.

I have an Aqua One Aqua start 500 (60l), under gravel filter, heater etc which I scored off Trademe established for $90, including 14 Neon Tetra's.

So far have only lost two tetra's in the 2 months have owned the tank, to that Neon Tetra disease as far as I know :(. The rest of them look healthy!

Have since added two baby bristle noses which are now about 4cm long each, they grow so fast! who knew such ugly fish could be so cute and entertaining :lol:

Also have a baby blushing angel which is my favourite (I know the tank is too small for it, but am sorting a bigger tank out soon)

So far I have been reading up on here and also on monster fish keepers forums, everything is very interesting!

so yea... Hi!

Hi and welcome. I like the bristlenoses too. 8)

Would you like to add your location to your profile? (under User Control Panel top left of the page) It helps sometimes when answering a question, or offering help if needed.

Hi and welcome. I like the bristlenoses too. 8)

Would you like to add your location to your profile? (under User Control Panel top left of the page) It helps sometimes when answering a question, or offering help if needed.

Have done :)

Might as well get some pictures up:

DSCF6563.jpg

DSCF6569-1.jpg

I have an Aqua One Aqua start 500 (60l), under gravel filter, heater etc which I scored off Trademe established for $90, including 14 Neon Tetra's.

So far have only lost two tetra's in the 2 months have owned the tank, to that Neon Tetra disease as far as I know :(. The rest of them look healthy!

I doubt it was NTD(neon tetra disease)

If your tank got NTD it wouldnt have only killed 2

I had what i thuoght was NTD about a year ago in a 60L tank and i was just continuously losing neon tetras, the count got to about 15 in total.

And Welcome :D

I doubt it was NTD(neon tetra disease)

If your tank got NTD it wouldnt have only killed 2

I had what i thuoght was NTD about a year ago in a 60L tank and i was just continuously losing neon tetras, the count got to about 15 in total.

And Welcome :D

weird, something is causing one after the other to loose colour and eventually die, A third one is now losing colour although it isn't starting to swim funny or anything

• 2 weeks later...