Baby Angel Fish

JarrenB

my adult Angels that I got from a member of this forum have just had some fry, I had no idea so I have missed the egg part they are clinging on to a divers helmet that is in the tank the mum and dad are doing a great job picking up the eggs and moving them.

any tips?

:D looks like guppies are not they only fish that I can breed :D

Once they get to the free swimming stage, pop them into a Tank on their own, you don't need to fill the Tank right up, only put 3-4 inches of water in, feed them up on Baby Brine Shrimp, do lots of water changes lots of feeding and they should be all good.

I used to Breed Golden Angels, untill I lost Mum and Dad and all the Babys, still to this day dont know what happened to them :oops:

Good Luck

I never fed mine on Green Water just used hatched Baby Brine Shrimp.

Green water can be made by placing some lettuce in a bucket and pouring some warm water on it, leave it in the sun untill it slowly breaks down, this can also be done with banana skins as well.

Use the search function on here, I'm sure you will get abit clearer instructions as to how to make your own Green Water.

Congratulations.

You can leave them in with mum and dad they will look after them.

Feed them on live food is best, brine shrimp or micro worms.

Do 20% water changes every 2 to 3 days.

Have fun watching them grow.

Update: today there are still a lot of fry clinging to the helmet in the tank, I would say about 50 or so. :D

all looking happy and the mum and dad are looking after them 24/7.

I plan on moving the fry to a bare bottom tank with a sponge filter when they are free swimming (so they can find their food better).

I will add some pic's soon. :D

The best way to collect the fry is to siphon them up with a hose. If you put the outlet in a direction where they are not being smashed off the side of the bucket you can control the rate of flow in the hose by altering the height of the bucket. Four hands is usefull at this stage

Update: thanks all, I will give it a go. I think they will be free swimming very soon as the are getting very active and the fry the has 90% of their old water.

I did have the adults tank at 27-28'c to help them breed should I keep the fry tank that warm (I will have it the same to start with) :D

I agree with alanmin4304 :wink:

I have used the syphoning method time and time again, with great success :hail:

So easy to remove small fry from a Tank and transfer them over to another Tank.

I would also feed them up with the Microworms or hatched baby Brine Shrimp, really no need for Green Water :wink:

i take it that the microworms are a starter culture? if it is you wont be able to get enough worms off it to feed the fry for long, i think the best thing to do would be to buy some brineshrimp eggs at the lfs and set up a DIY hatchery that wayyou will get some food for them sooner