:( my yoyo died

silva

:cry: My big yoyo was dead this morning, looked healthy 2 days ago and yesterday i noticed some of his slime was coming off and was looking red in fins and mouth, not moving around as much. I did a water change added some stresscoat for the slime and all my other loaches an fish look healthy? pics are not nice :(

DSC00822.jpg

DSC00823.jpg

DSC00824.jpg

DSC00825.jpg

will be very gutted to lose anymore loaches if anyone has any ideas of what it could be from.

:cry: silva

OOOHHH NO :cry:

I feel really sorry for you, awful when You lose a Fish and you don't know why :o:o

Thats terrible, I woke the other morning to Find one of my Hoplo Catfish D E A D :cry: Had this pair for what seems like forever, then one of them up and Dies on me, have to say they must be getting on in age by now. :roll:

Just hoping the other one is going to pop off sometime soon.

Do you have any idea why it died??

I'm not sure what the Red Fins and Mouth would mean, never heard of that before.

Yea it was sad ,one of my very first fish and probably the only one i was really attached to. Had a hard life at the start but made it through the new tank and new fish keeper stages. Had grown so much and a was a real character.

I was thinking someone may have had a munch on him after he died? I vacuum gravel same day each week plus a water change in between. Water got a bit mucky when i was changing the 'caves' and plants around but i siphoned as much of the muck up as i could then looked clean when i refilled the water.

Everyone looks healthy at the mo but it was fast whatever it was.

fins are usually not munched as a first choice by others..if he was muched they would've gone with the softer parts you'll find eg. body :(

If it's fast it was probably bacterial - especially Loaches are susceptible to dirty water conditions, keep an eye out on others..

ammonia aye, i did clean my main filter out that day to so could have had a spike.

He had his fins intact last night,would've been around 12 hours before i found him dead,can bacteria munch something that quick? Should i dose tank with 'whitespot cure' to kill that bug if its there??