why do my plants break up in one of my tanks and die?

aaron11

jebo 760 tank approx 60 ltr

2 x aqua glow tubes about 6 months old 8 watt each

i put some massive hen and chicken ferns in there from my other tank (which has the new kind of lights)

when i put them in this one they only lasted a week and kinda wilted and broke up

Why is this????? the water sprite does that too but not the camboda and a few other plants

I am trying to be helpful! :(

Hen and chicken fern - http://blog.tepapa.govt.nz/2009/04/30/i ... rn-a-fake/

http://www.nznativeplants.co.nz/shop/Na ... ferum.html

and indian fern - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35560&p=393780&hilit=nano+up+and+running#p393780 is the bright green plant as seen in the last pic on my thread

HTH

no your just being smart

I dont know the name of the plant a lady told me thats what its called. instead of pulling faces or being stupid why didnt u tell me i got the name wrong? ifs your life that boring u have to come on here and be smart?

no your just being smart

I dont know the name of the plant a lady told me thats what its called. instead of pulling faces or being stupid why didnt u tell me i got the name wrong? ifs your life that boring u have to come on here and be smart?

Chill mate! :o

lol im chilling no its not the indian fern thats gone all brown in my other tank but theres lots of little ones

i was told this is hen and chicken i look for a pic of it and tell u what it is LOL that might help ~~~~~

lol im chilling no its not the indian fern thats gone all brown in my other tank but theres lots of little ones

i was told this is hen and chicken i look for a pic of it and tell u what it is LOL that might help ~~~~~

If it is the hen and chicken plant, that will be why its dying.

Cause its not an aqautic plant.

what is different about the two tanks apart from light and by this I mean are the filters they same type, how much current is in the tank, have the two tanks been running the same amount of time, do you have fertiliser in either tank?

hi adodge ty

no fertilzer, baby tank they came out of and other tank they are doing ok in are trickle filters about the tank

this one they are not doing well in has 2 small aqua one internal filters in it, same gravel, I think its the lights for some reason, the other lights are the newer kind the substrate has flourite in it !

maybe I will just stick with the plants that do well in there and leave the ferns in the others hehe

i don't really know enough about plants except that perhaps the current from the internal filters is encouraging the bits to break off. I tend to just have what grows well in my tanks and if its ugly or not what I want or won't grow I get rid of it. :wink: