Anyone got any fundraising ideas?

its learning how to do all of it. at the end i am a qualified nail technician and i can work from home or go and work in a salon or beauty salon.

its not just the course, you get a whole starter pack which enables you to do approx 60 sets of nails and lots of other things. plus your exam.

do a budget of your money that comes in against all your outgoings and cut back on all nessecities. what skills do you have, i used to do weekend relief milking and plucking possums for extra cash, can make good money if your prepared to work for it

im on a good pay yet i was still broke a couple days after payday, done a budget and realised how much i was wasting.

as wasting hundreds of my pay on alcohol, takeaways, and well....stuff. have woken up and in the last months have saved ALOT of money and have got my african tank setup full of fish and what not, am alot healthier and my good car is almost ready to go

can even stop indulging in your hobbies etc

I havent gone out in months whether it be dinner or out drinking. Not even buying takeaways.

I walk whenever I can to save $$ on petrol, ive pretty much given up anything I could without it being life threatening. Im sure theres something else I could cut back on.

I do live in a flat with 4 guys. 1 of them eats for 2-3 people every meal, i swear, its not lie!!! He doesnt pay any extra. Would it be such a silly thing to start buying my own food once a week to save money??

Theres only 4 in each class and they run 3 or 4 a year, They dont always fill all the spots either. Not everyone if from Nelson either. Creative doesnt do their courses in many places.

When I am quailified I can work from a salon or home. I would work in a salon for 12 or so months then take up work from home.

Today Ive been looking at personal loans from banks and unless I am earning $25,000 a year and have regular $$ going into my account I cant get a loan at all...

Also....

Does anyone know where (if anywhere) there would be a list of scholarships that I might be able to apply for?

Again any suggestions would be great. Thanks

What bank is that with? I left kiwibank as they have some insane loan requirements (a friend who earned over $900 a week couldnt get a credit card from them!) and went with ASB, they are working much better for me personally and gave me the loan I needed really easily, it was about half of what you need tho.

Do you have any old stuff lying around home that you dont need anymore? Trademe!

yeah i went to kiwibank (thats my current bank) might go see asb now!

yeah ive got a bit of stuff around that i dont need. going to a sunday market in nelson to sell some of the stuff that i dont need. at the moment its the only way!

thanks for your ideas!

My salon assistant did the creative nail corse(paid for by her mum and dad :-? )She had intentions of working from my hairdressing salon(well established with huge client base).

Things never really took off for her there was just not enough work coming in for her to cover her costs :(

I dont mean to put a damper on what you want to do and i know different people can make things work or not work.I just wanted to give you her experience.

Also the quick cheep in and out nail service in the richmond mall is very hard to compete with.

In saying all that i do wish you well in whatever you chose to do :D

Tanya