can you have too many plants in your tank

aaron11

:P i cleaned out my 90 litre guppie aqua one tank i think it is

i fixed up all the plants and rearranged them

i counted at least 70-80 about 30 indian ferns, 40 hen and chicken some small and a few other diff ones i make sure i get the dead bits out etc can you have too many in your tank

thanks ira i make sure i cleaned it right out my indian ferns are dropping off a bit but i was told maybe its coz they grew too fast should i give them all a good trim?

I have been moving the bigger ferns to other tanks

my 22 litre tank has the hen and chicken fern in it too and its huge

i cant give any away as i have small snails lol

phoenix wrote:

plants are so much nicer!

So, you really do not keep fish then just plants! Does this mean your fish are all fake :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sooo, the truth is now known!

Caper

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i have about 80 guppie babies in my baby tank maybe I should throw them all back in there !!!!!

i seen so many tanks on line and trademe with 100s of guppies in a 100 litre tank or so

but im not so game :o

:o Me neither. I have a jungle tank; it happened unintentionally, but I have a problem with all the plants staying put. I really need a deeper sand base, cuz the top 1/3 of my tank is full of floating plants. baby guppies and BN.

OMG same with me they keep coming out !!!!!

i dont know where to get a big strip of lead from either

and aaronbeta haha the guppies love it, plus i transfer a lot of plants to my other tank where they dont seem to do so well so it keeps me in plants, dont ask me why they grow so well its either the lights in the tank or the gravel with the porus stuff in it,

lol @ fish pressed up against glass

I dont mind a few more platys or swords in my community tank

but my guppies bone like there is no tomorrow and honestly i have about 80 fry in a 22 litre tank, give it a week there will be more they are TAKING OVER MY HOUSE !!!!!!!

On that note, i have some lovely blonde guppies that are snake skin patter with neon yellow tails and a few nice black and white checkered tux male

Just unsure what females to keep

:bounce:

i had a planted tank with a lot of plants in it that formed a dense network, and a few nocturnal predators and many many s.american cichlids. When i removed my plants to change setups i found an army, hundreds of babies! It took a matter of minutes before my catfish,syno swooped the whole lot up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...