Bearded Dragon not interested in food - have

any other bearded dragon owners ever noticed over the winter period if their beardies lose their appetite. My fella is nearly nine months and for the last couple of months he has been getting very very fussy and can go days without eating, even though i try and temp him with his most favourites. And when he does decide to eat its only a few wax worms. About three weeks ago he started to brumate but it only lasted a couple of days. I took him to the vets about a month ago when he started going off his food and the vet could find nothing wrong. He has been sleeping most of today, but other days he spends alot of time awake and roaming about. Before all this started, say about six weeks ago, he had a very good appetite. He is very very special to me, and I would appreciate any advice/input from more experienced beardie owners than me. Thanks.

Glad to hear Malin is doing good. I even tried to show Calypso the "spider" I placed him on my keyboard and dragged spider around with the mouse, i was hoping he would take an interest like your wee one but he was in sleepy mode and wasnt interested. Hes cuddled up in a ball fast asleep now.

How long have yours gone without being interested in food bulldogod.

Yeah Mystic I can relate, I worry like crazy about Calypso. Thought after the first couple of months the worries would subside, but had him about 7-1/2 months and the worries just change from one thing to another. He was just over a week old when i first saw him in my LFS, so was under a week old when he left the nest, and i often wonder if thats the reason why he has so many ups and downs, leaving the nest so early. I just love him so much.

probably comes down to temp drop...with it been winter etc.

check basking temps, youmay need a higher wattage bulb.

If you add a hide (box with hole cut out for entry) and the beardie goes in but doesnt come out then its probably just brumating, let it be. It will come out in a week to about 3months later.

Better to wait until second winter or atleast a year old and or of good size before letting them go into full brumation. So best to keep temps up whilst young.

to cold they wont be able to digest there food.. to cold but not cold enough to brumate will probably equate to a lethargic dragon which cant be good. Cool end but with a good temp basking rock down other end gives the bd the option so nature can work its magic.