Who to contact about GM danios?

Dixon1990

Alternatively you might consider the possibility that its just a red tinge caused by a multiple of variables such as flash (evident in the picture) or reflection of something else thats red, or chromatic abberation, or poor quality camera, or poor quality image processing on their computer - rather than jumping to conclusions !! Have you seen the other fish in the pic ? They also look a lot "redder" than one might expect. Personally I think that pic shows the danio with a lot more gold than I would have expected if it was one of the red GM fish (comparing against the pics of them on TM I saw when they were being sold). Im definitely not condoning GM fish, and dont want to get drawn into an argument about the topic, but I think its necessary to have something stronger to go on than a very dodgy pic.

How about buying their current listed fish using the buy now as a pretext to seeing their tank and the danio in question so you can verify your concerns before taking any (possibly) incorrect action ?

Personally I think that pic shows the danio with a lot more gold than I would have expected if it was one of the red GM fish (comparing against the pics of them on TM I saw when they were being sold)

This would be becuase they arent 'pure' GM danios, One of the breeders mixed it up with the normal/goldens and reds so there was a few different colours.

Also the fact that they had been on trademe and not replied to the question about it being pink makes it a bit suspicious.

This would be becuase they arent 'pure' GM danios, One of the breeders mixed it up with the normal/goldens and reds so there was a few different colours.

Also the fact that they had been on trademe and not replied to the question about it being pink makes it a bit suspicious.

Hmm, you may have a point there - I have just looked back at your question and see it was asked a week before the auction closed so they ought to have time to reply.

Hmm, you may have a point there - I have just looked back at your question and see it was asked a week before the auction closed so they ought to have time to reply.

Yeah, and i had a look at their feedback, They have been placing feedback on people while theres a question sitting there