can i use a swimming pool filter

gamefreek101

lol I think that FX5's are still rated at 3500LPH, I don't know how good it would be on your planted community tank.. Id say you might end up with a filter filled with guppy fry and plants?

Is anyone else running an FX5 on a community type tank and how do they find them?

how do you feel the current would be in 300 litres ish?

It's say it'd be pretty moderate. I mean, if you have it all coming out of a single jet it's going to be strong in the path of that jet, but if it's broken up it shouldn't be too mad at all.

I had mine my 440 up to about 7000 lph at one point. The only fish that had trouble with it was a big angel fish but he was half dead at the time anyway.

lol I think that FX5's are still rated at 3500LPH, I don't know how good it would be on your planted community tank.. Id say you might end up with a filter filled with guppy fry and plants?

Is anyone else running an FX5 on a community type tank and how do they find them?

ive got 2 running on my 6foot and theres always leaves on the intake

ive got rid of most of my plants now

you need to have good filtration if you want to have tanks like those on theplantedtank.net, and on PFK.

you can also turn down the flow on the FX5 to suit what you need.

But if its not a large tank or is one that cannot handle that much flow, save some money and get a 405 maybe? (and by some i mean lots)

i want it for my 5ft tank it 1525mm long x 460mm deep x 480mm high i want it tobe clear as i can get it i do a 30% waterchange a week and gravel vac i have a Crystal Flo 80 Suitable for Aquariums up to 300L. Max head height: 1.8m. Max Flo: 820 LPH. Comes complete with Carbon, Bio Balls & Sponges and a Aqua One AT-881 internal filter

Can i use a swimming pool filter i have from my 12ft round pool to make my tank even more clear. Will it make it even more clear .Or douse it not work like that. It douse 3,785 litres)of water per hour

Well back in the 90's when I had my 6ft tank with 60 odd giant danios, tons of home breed Cory's, silver sharks and a big fire eel I got sick of cleaning the filter so I got a DIATOM MODEL "XL" FILTER and connected it up to a Spa Pool canister filter similar to the one at this link. http://www.prowze.co.nz/viewProductSing ... uctID=7294

(imagine an oil filter you use in your car, but 70cm high and around 20 cm wide, it can filter a lot of muck and still flow)

So I had this HUGE canister filter which was upstream of the diatom filter and pump. Result = flush once every six months :-) Perfect clear tank. Getting sick on cleaning my Fluval 304 now so considering an updated set up like I used to have..

if you have a lot of plants in the tank (like mine or close to it, before i sold all of them) and your plants are doing well, and are showing good signs of growth - then you can stop doing gravel vacs and do larger WC's. The poop in the gravel acts as a natural fertiliser. I never did a gravel vac and it was all good. roots use a lot of that stuff.