Arghh. Cant get the dwarf puffers to eat

Dixon1990

So yeah, Last time i saw them eat was a week ago.

Everytime i have watched none of them have eaten so today while they were moving tanks i feed them daphnia and live bloodworms and they still didnt want any, they are starting to get skinny, any ideas?

Ive been trying to get rid of the puffers, but the buyer keeps losing contact.

You may have to find a bigger snail and cut it into smaller pieces,

:oops: Goodness me I cant believe I just said that, YUK, rather you than me dixon :D

But seriously if that was me I would be trying everything to get them to eat.

Has anything in the tank changed recently, do you have any ideas as to why they aren't eating??

Nothing had changed, but it has now :lol:

Before today the tank had been left except weekly waterchange, the tank was a jungle of algae, but because it was in a cabinet i didnt mind.

I have no idea why they arent eating, Although i dont expect them to eat today while they are stressed out from the move

If the teeth are overgrown you have to cut them. If you don't they'll die. There are some great resources online, and on youtube too. They'll be fine without eating for about 10 days, but the smaller they are, the quicker they die. You use clove oil to sedate them.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/FWSubWebIndex/smpufferdentistry.htm

I'd try to get their teeth cut ASAP or you'll loose them.

To stop it happening again, feed them snails (if you crush them against the side of the tank, they can eat bigger ones) and put their food on top of a rough rock so they have to scrape against the rock to pick up the food.

If the teeth are overgrown you have to cut them. If you don't they'll die. There are some great resources online, and on youtube too. They'll be fine without eating for about 10 days, but the smaller they are, the quicker they die. You use clove oil to sedate them.

Is that possible on puffers than are smaller than my fingernail :o

I couldn't do that. :-?

Il have a go at getting them to eat again yesterday once they've settled in to their new tank, then if i have no success i might have to try it? :o

Il try them on the crushed snail and small daphnia tomorrow, apparently the daphnia have crunchy shells