Any hunters out there??

wrong time of year I believe to get one of those, unless some one all ready has a tame one to offer. I'm sure you can find them from June / July in there mothers pouch's, but you would probable want one just a bit older than that to tame

I've had a pet one before, really funny pets sometimes

Go out just as the willow buds open in early spring. There will be possums everywhere and the babies are just getting hair. Shoot every possum you see and chances are you will find a youngster, plus you are doing your bit for the environment :D You will see the tummy moving even though the mum is dead. Reach into the pouch and pull it out, they look EXACTLY like gollom off lord of the rings :lol: and it will move, hiss and mutter under uder its breath just like gollom does too

If you are getting one as a pet, get a male because they keep other possums off your section (only really matters if you have fruit trees)

Put it in a sock or a coat pocket until it is ready to face the world, and watch out for cats, they love baby possums

We had one that slept in an old broken down car. It ate its fill of the fruit, but that was nothing in comparison to the increase in the amount of fruit we got once he had grown up and made a territory

You can indeed, they have the same texture as rabbit but with a stronger flavour

In my opinion they don't taste good enough to be worth the hassle of preparing them, but it all depends on the situation

You guys have cool possums that play dead. In NZ the only good possum is a dead possum

You can indeed, they have the same texture as rabbit but with a stronger flavour

In my opinion they don't taste good enough to be worth the hassle of preparing them, but it all depends on the situation

You guys have cool possums that play dead. In NZ the only good possum is a dead possum

Haha, The US has horrible evil demon rat possums.

possum.jpg

yes ive had a pet one before. she was wonderful. loved her to bits. a real character. wouldnt hesitate in having another. my last one grew up with 2 cats and she was convinced she was one too. it was funny, and very cute.

yes they do eat a heap of fruit. plums with red flesh seemed to be her favourite.

they have their breeding season in spring and autumn. so june/july there should be a reasonable sized one out there.

I'll get my partner and his mates to go out and shoot some possums. that'l probably be the best answer