Uni GRADUATION

Dave+Amy

I'm not graduating this year but David is on this thursday night :D I'm not too sure what to wear to the ceremony but I'm aware of the need to look good for photos lol. I've got a hairdresser's appointment to get my hair done up and thinking about wearing a formal knee length dress.

What do people wear to graduation ceremonies? What are the expectations?

I don't want to go under dressed but at the same time I don't want to be overly dressed either :o

My sister graduated last week. She wanted to waer jandals but it specifically says in the bookliet that graduates can't wear jandals :cry: :lol:

I didn't really notice people being really fancy at the graduation (but it was a BSc one :lol: )

Think you can't get any laid back than BSc's....shame about the no jandle rule I'll actually have to go buy some shoes :lol: :lol:

I'd hate to go to an Architechture or Law graduation...my mates in that arena sure don't wear anything under a price threshold :roll: don't see the point wearing a $300 top to uni to impress guys since guys don't have a clue on woman clothing brands lol

My sister graduated last week. She wanted to waer jandals but it specifically says in the bookliet that graduates can't wear jandals :cry: :lol:

I didn't really notice people being really fancy at the graduation (but it was a BSc one :lol: )

It was Palmerston North.. im surprised people didn't turn up in stubbies and gum boots :lol:

It was Palmerston North.. im surprised people didn't turn up in stubbies and gum boots :lol:

pahahaha..Phoenix THAT is what I'd expect from those guys who do Ag lol remember them wrecking havoc back in first year - had some of our bond taken 'cos they threw a huge party and ripped out the telephone wiring :o

It'll be freezing outside, so whatever you wear, make sure it's warm. The dress sounds fine, but make sure you wear heels. People our age can't do knee length dresses without looking silly unless we wear awesome shoes.

If jandels are banned wear thongs. When I was training one of the students was told that a full beard was not becoming so he trimmed it (by 1/8th inch. The same guy was told he had to wear a tie on visits so he did (but no shirt). After that they figured he was a cot case and left him alone.