FX5 filter

Jatt16

They retail for around $600-700, animates had them half price a while back and people were picking them up for $350 brand new which is a bargain, I would expect second hand ones to be around the $300 mark but that is just a guess.

What is special about them? They are huge and pump alot of water... Sometime like 3500LPH (empty) so around 2500LPH, they are also pretty big so you can fill them with biomedia or whatever else floats your boat.

There are plenty of reviews on the net which compare it to a similar rated eheim (but twice the price) the eheim comes out on top but most can't justify paying double the price when the eheim isn't that much better. All down to personal preference I guess :)

Dont think so, has fitted seal type thing at the end and I was halfway thru setting new tank up so didnt have time to look around.

Well if u needed to get something quick I can understand the decision but as i see it, the way that hose connects to the filter, as long as whatever tube you use fits snuggly over the solid connector and the screw up nut attaches tightly over the hose, it matters not what hose you use. The advantage of the proper stuff is that it bends without kinking.

I actually contemplated hard-plumbing my fluval into my tank (not an FX5).

thanks for all the replys yeah looking at the price i think ill just buy a normal caninister filter in the normal 100 -300 range. If in the future it gets cheaper ill buy it but for now a cheap one will do me good