Where to get a 200litre plastic drum?

supasi

As title states, I am wanting to know where peoplw get their water storage drums from.

Ive seen some on that site, but they are mainly down south somewhere or must pick ups.

Surely there is somewhere you can buy these? Obviously , Im looking for foodgrade ones.

TIA

I get them from a guy who works at the swimming pool. They have 200L drums used for storing soap in, and he's been able to purchase them from the company before they get soap in them. I could have them for free after they've been used, but I'm too lazy to wash them out.

Just a thought, but the big hardware places like mitre10 mega sell those 600l portable gutterwitch tanks which are food grade....

Yeah they do, but they a bit too pricey for me, and too big.

Was all set to put a gutterwitch on the credit card when I thought, there must be a cheaper way.

And I made myself a water diversion setup for about $6.00. :wink:

It works too.

Just looking for storage drums now

If you are serious about collecting rain water for use in you fish tanks then this is the best way to do it, you could either buy this setup or make one yourself as the bits are not that hard to make from various bits of PVC etc.

This system has a nice bleed off of the initial few minutes of rainfall ensuring anything that has settled on your roof is washed off before going into your catchment tank..

Enjoy..

http://www.marley.co.nz/afawcs0119272/C ... tails.html

I get them from a guy who works at the swimming pool. They have 200L drums used for storing soap in, and he's been able to purchase them from the company before they get soap in them. I could have them for free after they've been used, but I'm too lazy to wash them out.

Wish I had know that before I carried one over the hill and spent a day cleaning it! :lol:

If you are serious about collecting rain water for use in you fish tanks then this is the best way to do it, you could either buy this setup or make one yourself as the bits are not that hard to make from various bits of PVC etc.

This system has a nice bleed off of the initial few minutes of rainfall ensuring anything that has settled on your roof is washed off before going into your catchment tank..

Enjoy..

http://www.marley.co.nz/afawcs0119272/C ... tails.html

I have already made a water catchement setup. I am just after a container to store the water in. Thanks

theres a place just down the road from me that sells those large square containers with a steel or ali surround (whichever you want). Was $100 for 1 or $70 for 2, was looking at getting one to use as outside tank for growing goldies and the cage part for the back of the ute but didnt. Alot more than 200ltr tho, will get the name of business when i go past later. Or i did get those blue plastic drums off a mate a while back, cant remember what was in them tho. Cleaned up good but gave them away as horse jumps.

If empty 200l drums that contained acid sanitizer for farm dairy cleaning are ok,then i can get a couple for free if you want dem? we have used them for various things on farm after a good wash out.

If empty 200l drums that contained acid sanitizer for farm dairy cleaning are ok,then i can get a couple for free if you want dem? we have used them for various things on farm after a good wash out.

Are you able to be a bit more specific about the sanitizer that comes in the containers.

Name etc

These sound quite nasty-

30% Phosphoric acid

10% Sulfuric acid

10% Benzlalkydimethy Ammonium Chloride

Water

Maybe a ph test would tell you if the acid was gone after washing em out,but i dont know about the other chem? :-?

Your call.

These sound quite nasty-

30% Phosphoric acid

10% Sulfuric acid

10% Benzlalkydimethy Ammonium Chloride

Water

Maybe a ph test would tell you if the acid was gone after washing em out,but i dont know about the other chem? :-?

Your call.

if you clean it should be ok.

plastic is used to store chems for a good reason.

warm water washes/ rinses should remove any chemical residues.