water dragons eating frogs?

I am not saying I am going to feed little frogs to my dragons but I have been researching feeding and one site said this is a food source for them... would they not get sick?

I am still having trouble getting my two baby water dragons eating meal worms, any advice?

They eat crickets and flys but I want them on the meal worm so I can keep track of how much they are eating.

Chears!

And again I am not going to feed cute Little froglets to them, just interested lol 8)

Frogs here arnt poisonous as far as I know. Ive heard of people using tadpoles for turtle tucker. I wouldnt recommend it though NZ needs more frogs not less. Id assume they would be much like pinkies (mice) fed as a treat?

Dont the French eat frogs? (different species maybe but still)

Why cant you monitor the amount of crickets they eat as compared to the mealworms?

Mealworms arnt the best food for Reptiles anyway so maybe a good thing they dont like them.

so if I were to get some crickets off you mince, for two babies. how many should I buy and how long would they last?

I have been catching heaps from the padocks and stuff but they dont last long ay, hide duting the day and some drown in the water...

Fixed

If only it was that easy.

so if I were to get some crickets off you mince, for two babies. how many should I buy and how long would they last?

I have been catching heaps from the padocks and stuff but they dont last long ay, hide duting the day and some drown in the water...

Depends how many theyre eating, Ive never owned Water Dragons tbh.

Crickets need a water source to survive, they can swim reasonably well to my surprise but still prone to drowning. Especially the smaller crickets. Can use carrot/potato for there water needs. Store in plastic bin with a couple of egg cartons. Should survive weeks like that as long as they always have fresh carrot etc.

for the young lizards i use a bare tank with one flat rock for basking and astro turf on the floor, means the crickets can't hide for too long

Ditto, my beardie tanks are the same. Nice and simple.

Best to only feed what the dragons will eat. I just chuck one in, if the beardies hungry they go for it straight away, often make em do lengths. Chuck one cricket down one end as soon as that gobbled up chuck one down the other end, make em work for it they dont do much else :D

but yea any uneaten crix best to be taken out to avoid them having a nibble on your dragons. By having a water source in the tank (salad even) will help prevent this but best to only feed what the dragons will eat. Keeps them keen to, if bugs always about they just become part of the funiture imo.