newcomer from Kapiti

greenlight

hi everyone, I am so pleased to have found this site, I have learned so much from reading the outdoor pond forum but in need of help., I became a pond owner 1 year ago after buying a new house. Tucked away in the yard was an extremely overgrown pond, full of oxegyn weed, water lillies and SNAILS!!!!! but the water was very clean. After a big clean, trim and new plantings and a month to settle we added 8 goldfish, which have nearly doubled in size and have produced babies! So far I have been able to keep the pool chemical free and hope to keep it that way. I would put the age of the pool at approx 30 years, and in that time a leak has occured about 10cm below the original waterline which I would like to repair to raise the level. My dream wish is that someone who has had experience with this type of old pool will be able to give me an idea if there is any way to fix the problem. Is there a godsend out there? fingers crossed!

Hi Greenlight - welcome - we are not much good to you regarding your pond - but would like to advise that the Kapa Mana club has its meeting this week - Wednesday night and even though we meet in Tawa - we do have members from Kapiti - you might like to come along and meet them.

have a look in the club section.

thanks peanuts will check that out. Hi mr pleco, the hole is to the right of what was the waterfall Which still works hose fed, hole is uneven in shape, looks like pieces have broken out, quite uneven, when I first cleaned pond out it had a woody weed growing from it. When I pulled it out it had about a 8cm weed mass attached, but came away quite easily. Thanks.

• 5 months later...

An update on the leaking concrete pond, It was suggested to me that plumbers or builders bog could do the trick, so at spring cleaning time, hired a pump, cleaned pond out completely, bogged it up, and Bobs your Auntie!!!!!!! worked a treat, hope this might help somebody else!