re TROPICAL FISH COMPATIBILITY

baino

:) HI THERE CAN ANYONE HELP WITH MY TROPICAL FISH I HAVE A FEMALE FIGHTING FISH 2 RED TAILED TETRAS SIAMESE ALGE EATER AND WANT TO ADD GUPPY'S AND LONF FINNED TAIL DAINOS WILL AN OF THE FIRST TREE POSE A THREAT TO THE ONES I WANT TO ADD I HEARD THE TETRAS MAY BE A PROBLEM ALSO HAVE A SHARK AND SWORDTAIL MALE IF THE GUPPYS AND DANIOS BREED WILL ANY OF THESE EAT THERE EGGS OR LIVE ONES THANKS HAVE NOT LONG STARTED WITH TROPICALS SO QUITE NEW TO THIS

:) HI THERE CAN ANYONE HELP WITH MY TROPICAL FISH, I HAVE A FEMALE FIGHTING FISH 2 RED TAILED TETRAS SIAMESE ALGE EATER AND WANT TO ADD GUPPY'S AND LONF FINNED TAIL DAINOS WILL AN OF THE FIRST TREE POSE A THREAT TO THE ONES I WANT TO ADD I HEARD THE TETRAS MAY BE A PROBLEM ALSO HAVE A SHARK AND SWORDTAIL MALE IF THE GUPPYS AND DANIOS BREED WILL ANY OF THESE EAT THERE EGGS OR LIVE ONES THANKS HAVE NOT LONG STARTED WITH TROPICALS SO QUITE NEW TO THIS

hi baino welcome to the forums

the use of capital letters usually denotes you are shouting

a rough translation of what you wrote

Hi there, can anyone help with my tropical fish?

i have a female fighter, 2 red tailed tetras, a siamese algae eater and would like to add guppies and long finned danios.

will any of the first three pose a threat to the ones i want to add?, i heard the tetras may be a problem.

i also have a shark and swordtail male, if the guppies and danios breedwill any of these eat their eggs or live ones, thanks

have not long started with tropicals, so i am quite new to this

the only real threat i can see to the other fish is possibly the shark if it is a red tailed black shark

and all the fish will eat other fishes eggs and young if they can fit in their mouths

it is better to breed in a seperate tank, though some guppies should survive if you have thick plantings

enjoy your time here :D

livingart, I thought some fighters will go after other fishies with long fins (guppies, long finned danios). Although I see it is a female that banio has, so is it only male fighters that may/may not go after other fishies with long fins.

Welcome baino!

Caper

A picture of it would help to id it but sounds like its probably bba - black beard algae. SAE - siamese algae eaters will help keep it in check as does dosing with flourish excel. Keep in mind though that when using the flourish excel not all fish like it particularly at double strength.