A visit to Martin Ng discus fish farm in Malaysia

DAuckland

Is anyone going to bring in some real discus or just the steroid hybrid discus.

Some Natural brown discus would be nice.

+1

I would love to see some wild Discus here, They would make me setup another tank forsure.

(I would be even happier if someone were to bring in some Pterophyllum Leopoldi :D )

wild discus some in seasons, so when the season re-opens then mayby we will see some. However they are very expensive to export $150 USD then you have q and retail? so mayby $600-700 a pop? not something that will move to fast. Not only that VERY delicate!!! I would be to scared to own one!

Do you import your discus?

let's not forget how awesome the quality of these fish are compared to what used to be available in new zealand. hollywood had some wild discus in there for a while from memory they were about $270-$340 ea... you got some right reef?

I heard wild Discus are meant to be tougher than line bred relatives? because they are not as inbred?

I'd love some heckles :D:D worth spending $$ on setting up just a tank for them..they retail around $500 AUS each (authentic wild Discus - not Discus from wild caught parents)

But downside is that you'd hope they're well wormed :o

Hi Vincent, thanks for sharing, must have been an eye opener for sure.

Did you get any pics of the adults or juvenile discus?

Thats alot of tanks , do they pay for water usage in malaysia?

I remember reading somewhere that Tony Tan does 2 100% water changes per day does Martin do something similar?

because thats alot of water to go through

kyle

Hi Vincent, thanks for sharing, must have been an eye opener for sure.

Did you get any pics of the adults or juvenile discus?

Thats alot of tanks , do they pay for water usage in malaysia?

I remember reading somewhere that Tony Tan does 2 100% water changes per day does Martin do something similar?

because thats alot of water to go through

kyle

hi...not every tank 2 x100% water at tony area...it depends....yes martin do the same...water is malaysia is cheap, warm and Ph is between 6 to7.5...in NZ...dame expensive..! :evil:

Me too

well have you seen the list from the glaser (HUGE german exporter) i have? infact i can tell you the export price for any fish you see here in NZ?

they are incredable expensive, genuin adults WC discus (depending on colour and what part of the river) will cost you a arm and a leg.. unless you have other sources???