what fish burrows into and under sand?

fishbreeder

i jsut read that they will try to swim up the filter intake pipe. i have an aquaone tank with a filter intake pipe that goes right to the bottom. would they try and swim up that? is there anything else that would stir up the sand?? what is a good fish that would eat the algae off the side (not a bristlenose please!)

thanks heaps

you can have a fair few in a 2 ft tank. they get about 13 cm (is as large ive seen them) but are very slender. they need lots of hiding spaces, and need to be in a group. they are naturally shy fish.

pH 6 - about 7.5 is good, but they can tolerate a wider range.

they will eat left over food at the bottom and algae tablets. they are good scavengers.

the sand should be deep enough for them to burrow in (they will actually sit in the sand).

but if you have sand put lots of plants in there too :bounce:

for algae eating you could get some ottos.

khulis will be useless at eating algae off the glass.

i was going to have the sand and i was going to be "different" and plant my plants in little terracotta pots. i would love some sag and othe stuff, but going to have a tiger lotus in it in the sand and thought that would shade out the little plants and my light isnt that strong.

i planned to have about 6 of them.

thanks. it wont get sucked up my intake pipe for my filter. my fighting fish male has finally got the idea of staying away from it.

i jsut read that they will try to swim up the filter intake pipe. i have an aquaone tank with a filter intake pipe that goes right to the bottom. would they try and swim up that? is there anything else that would stir up the sand?? what is a good fish that would eat the algae off the side (not a bristlenose please!)

thanks heaps

SAE's

both my want to die, they are swimming upside down at th surface and one of my mystery snails doesnt look so good.. dunno what the problem is. filter is going. nothing wrong there. my male fighter looks fine! water looks fine, not murkey. im lost. ive never lost a tropical fish before.

umm i dont have a kit to test ph etc. i should get some. they are fine now. the water temp was 28degrees. the filter was going.

no airstone, my fighter male has enough to deal with with the filter, he hates it, i put in a airstone and he wouldnt comeout of his home (a small helment) at all, it was far too much current for him.

i lost a mystery snail yesterday, all my trumpet snails and 3 ramshorn snails. obviously snails dont like me. im going to look for a better filter with little to no current. might get a airsponge for him.