HR669

Charlie

There is another side to this. This type of law is normally brought in because there have been a heap of problems and it may be that the freedom to have just about any sort of pet in USA has created problems that are causing this change to come about. Like many situations somewhere in the middle can be best and if we were to allow the sort of freedoms they have had we could eventually end up with it going full circle also. What we need is a bit more rationality and consistancy and less knee jerks. Unfortunately laws are not made to control normal, rational people, but idiots.

like i said there is a sales and breeding ban beening inforced in auckland

right now,you can own blue tounges but no breeding or selling in other

words "they" dont want them to become fixed as a pet in nz and are making moves to

insure this, never mind the usa we cant get reptiles imported anyways the real worry is here and now, how long before this is nz wide and how long before people start getting done for sales or breeding and most of all why have blue tounges,breadys and water dragons not made the list of ownable reptiles in nz, these things are far more important to us then whats happening in the usa

have you heard the one about closing the stable door after the horse has bolted?Well that about sums up their tinpot ruling.They did it with ferrets how long ago?Well past the lifespan of a ferret, i could go out and buy one tommorrow if I wanted to?Whats the lifespan of a blue tongue etc?Waste of time and ink on paper with another un-enforceable law??

yeah that answers nothing, by that logic you should be able to buy all the reptiles you could 30yrs ago in nz, we all no ya cant come on repto you are old enoff to have seen these type laws work and fail,wasnt there two of everything on the ark :) jokes, but really how long before they make the pests lists, is this the 1st step,i dont think it well work but it is happening, what well happen is it well push reptile owners under ground again and that just sucks it may have been round for a bit now (the law that is) but the local pet shop has been selling blue tounges no worrys till a vist from maf last week so the laws being inforced thats the real worry

what is everyone here 12 you could bring in heaps of stuff you cant now tortoises for one,

it was algood till laws became inforced this being my point but if ya wanta be head in the ground worryed bout the usa passing a law go for it im just saying theres more to worry bout here and now in nz

you aucklanders should have done something when they asked for submissions on the drafting of that ARC ban

old thread on here was trying to galvanise some opposition

what happened to it?

horses, stables, closed and bolted?

ps:- i am a bit older than 12

the iggys were a different kettle of fish and the oppurtunity was there to legalise them

LA :hail:

Said better than my deleted post

Opportunity has arrisen several times to "legalise" things in NZ but because ppl dont want what they have as public knowledge we dont have an "open" market to what is here and what is not.

Hard to get stuff and harder still to keep lines pure. (and man is it expensive...lol)

yes my spelling sucks get ovr it we only read every second letter anyway, how do you know the iggys were diffrent we havnt been told why the blue tounges have a crack down, my point being they are still out there the reason for there wipe out has been sum what over turn yet ya cant have them you all seem so lay back bout what we have its painful ill say it again can anyone tell me why leopard geckos are newly added to the list yet the others havent been this plus the inforcement of sales and breeding ban this dont read will, im not a aucklander by the way by la so get back in ya box im more the outta parts we are the people who dont want a joined council mostly so we dont get bagged up in aucklander type b.s

lets face it most b.s is started in auckland and follows from there my 1st point was dont worry bout the usa worry bout whats happening here

Animals and plants can be banned nationally or locally. In this case the ARC has banned blue tonges because they feel with having live young and not eggs that require a prolonged incubation period they will survive and multiply on their side of the Bombay Hills. I would think that the Southland Regional Council would not be too concerned.

yes my spelling sucks get ovr it ..... how do you know the iggys were diffrent ........ im not a aucklander by the way by la so get back in ya box ....... b.s is started in auckland .......

to answer your points i was refering to navarres comment on the spelling

i lived through the iguana saga, you just have conjecture to go on

your avatar reads auckland and i was never in a box to start with

implied swearing is not allowed

you are rather agressive in your posts

yes my spelling sucks get ovr it we only read every second letter anyway, how do you know the iggys were diffrent we havnt been told why the blue tounges have a crack down, my point being they are still out there the reason for there wipe out has been sum what over turn yet ya cant have them you all seem so lay back bout what we have its painful ill say it again can anyone tell me why leopard geckos are newly added to the list yet the others havent been this plus the inforcement of sales and breeding ban this dont read will, im not a aucklander by the way by la so get back in ya box im more the outta parts we are the people who dont want a joined council mostly so we dont get bagged up in aucklander type b.s

lets face it most b.s is started in auckland and follows from there my 1st point was dont worry bout the usa worry bout whats happening here

Arghh what is that?

Are your full stop and enter buttons broken or something?