whats a good floating plant

fishbreeder

Do you have strong lighting or weak? Do you want a plant that will cover the whole surface, maybe one with long roots for spawning, something for fish to eat? A few that spring to mind are Indian fern, riccia, and your common duck weed.

average lights i think, just fishshop bought ones... something with roots for them to play in/eat etc. i dont want it to cover whole surface coz i have fighting fish who need the surface to breath. definitly want something to spawn with. thanks will look those up later.

shops tend to be horribly expensive for tiger lotus. i got 2 little ones off a member from here. seems to be your best bet.. see if someone wants to sell some.

it gets tall, really tall but the stalks are thin and weak, so they do not poke out of the water. leaves are round and broad, so are v beautiful.

i looked up indian fern adn it doesnt say its a floating plant, says to plant in soil. am i wrong. i would like a nice little plant that floats on the surface for my bettas to blow nests into, that has root system etc and then my fry can eat the little bugs around that. help?

definitly getting a lotus for my girls tank.

thinking about a HUGE pond, its lovely