hi (new from christchuch)

Augie

Hi all,

I started by telling myself a jewel rekord 60L (2ft) tank is enough for me... start with just a pair of red jewel, then i bought another 2 ft tank... bought 5 bumble bees, 1 brown hap, 2 catfish, 5 GBAs... then now i got a 4ft x 1.5ft x 2ft(H) tank sitting in the living room... eheim wet/dry filter... having extra giraffe, fryeri, red shoulder, Dimidiochromis Compressicep, blue dophin... probably gonna get a group of demasoni from auckland soon =)... never thought fish keeping is this addictive... i just cant get enough of them...

thanks for reading this =)

Cheers, :lol:

augustine

Hi & welcome!

:lol: :lol: Addictive, nah you just have MTS (mulitiple tank syndrome), okay so it IS a disease so to speak :o and has no cure :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post some pics of your addiction, ahem, I mean fishies :bounce:

Take care & have fun,

Caper

Caper,

No cure?!... i think so too... :o ... i will post some photos soon :lol:

carznkats,

I would love to join the meeting, too bad i need to work on saturday night... but thanks for the invitation though. :D

Cheers,

Augustine

Hi and welcome to the forum :bounce:

You certainly have MTS......most of us do. My first tank was 90 litres, I now have 9 tanks running and I have a 10th one blocking my hallway until I decide what I'm going to put in it :oops: :bounce:

just wondering what fish you are keeping =)

20 litre, 1 virgin Guppy

30 litre, 1 male Siamese Fighter being conditioned for breeding

50 litre, Guppies galore and 1 female Golden Bristlenose

50 litre, Hospital/Quarantine, currently housing a Cobalt Zebra and a Bristlenose to keep the bio-filter alive

90 litre, 3 female Golden Bristlenose, 4 Cockatoo Cichlid young

160 litre, Female Cobalt & Red Zebras, Sunshine Peacock & Bristlenoses

180 litre, Female Sciaenochromis Fryeri & Red Shoulder Peacock & Bristlenoses

200 litre, Planted community with various Tetras, Platties, female Siamese Fighter, Bristlenoses, Cockatoo Cichlid pair, Siamese Algae Eater, Peppered and Sterbai Cories

450 litre, Male African Cichlids. Cobalts, Reds, Electric Yellows, Fryeri, Lithobate, Sunshine and Red Shoulder Peacocks and Bristlenoses

20 litre, 1 virgin Guppy

30 litre, 1 male Siamese Fighter being conditioned for breeding

50 litre, Guppies galore and 1 female Golden Bristlenose

50 litre, Hospital/Quarantine, currently housing a Cobalt Zebra and a Bristlenose to keep the bio-filter alive

90 litre, 3 female Golden Bristlenose, 4 Cockatoo Cichlid young

160 litre, Female Cobalt & Red Zebras, Sunshine Peacock & Bristlenoses

180 litre, Female Sciaenochromis Fryeri & Red Shoulder Peacock & Bristlenoses

200 litre, Planted community with various Tetras, Platties, female Siamese Fighter, Bristlenoses, Cockatoo Cichlid pair, Siamese Algae Eater, Peppered and Sterbai Cories

450 litre, Male African Cichlids. Cobalts, Reds, Electric Yellows, Fryeri, Lithobate, Sunshine and Red Shoulder Peacocks and Bristlenoses

that's a lot of fish... :bow:

Hmmm, Augie, Billaney has lots and lots and lots of fish too. I think Billaney and Mark are soooooooooo lucky to be able to feed their addiction so adequately :bounce: :bounce: as do many others!

Caper

Welcome Augustine to the fish forums.

Another person with MTS in CHCH. aye. :bounce:

Any information about the care of your fish,problems with them,tank set up, sick fish etc. post a question on the forum,you will always get lots of help. the information given from these wonderful people here is priceless.enjoy the forums. :lol:

Ah, water....ah, fish...just a couple of suggestions Mark :wink: :lol: :lol:

Caper

8) :lol: :lol: You'd think it would be an easy decision but I can't make up my mind.....it's big enough that I could go for a large species like Oscars or Arowana, or I could make it a planted community tank and use my 200 litre (the current planted comm) for breeding/growout purposes. I can't make up my mind but I'm leaning toward the second option.