New to this

funkyfish

Hi everyone, I have been reading a lot of good info on this site for the last few weeks and have finally joined.

I am new to this hobby, have had a 55 ltr tank for years but never really used it, but it is now going to be my hospital/breeding tank. It has 2 guppys in it now.

I have recently bought a 215 ltr tank (nothing in it yet have to wait for the new carpet first, 2 more weeks to wait.) It will be a community tank to start with.

Couple of questions, I am going to the Fish Show this weekend, which day would be the better day to go? Is there a fish club in Taupo?

Look forward to your replies.

hey funky fish welcome to the site should meet lots of interesting ppl here, and hopefully learn alot :D , come into the chatroom between9:30pm and 11 should get some answers there, i no theres lots of ppl who r going to the show that should be able to help you unfortunatly not me :cry: , will go next time though :)

Hiya funky and welcome. I doubt it matters which day you go. Keep an eye out for me, I would love to talk with you. I will be in the group wearing royal blue shirts with a fluorescent orange smiling fish and "Marlborough Aquarium Club" written on both sides :wink:

I love putting faces to names. Keep asking for Caryl - many there will be able to point me out :lol:

I will be there both days I should think.

As for a club, if there is none in nearby you might consider starting one or you can join one from elsewhere. My own club has members from Whangarei in the north to Timaru in the south - plus one member in the USA. We email out a full colour monthly newsletter (or post if required) plus you would also get the Aquarium World magazine 4 times per year for free. Our subs are $20 family, $15 senior or $10 junior (school student).

As said, Hawkes Bay and Hamilton would be closest to you, as well as Palmerston North.

Hi everyone, thank for the welcome.

I will probably go to the fish show on Saturday. Really looking forward to see all the fish, recently went to Tirau fish shop, very cool. Fell in love with the little clown fish and his anenome.

Caryl I will join your club, will send you an email in the next few days can I pay with the visa?

Thanks again for a great site and heaps of good reading. :D