Hello from Lower Hutt

maxim_nz

Hi All,

Been keeping fish since I was 8 or 9 I guess. So around 30 years playing with buckets and siphons. 4 year old daughter now has her own tank with 60 baby BN's / Home grown Platties.

Anyone else here remember Horrie / Fay Parker / Lower Hutt Aquarium Society?

I've had a lot of fish over the years. 6ft tank with a decent fire eel, 60+ Giant danios and huge family of bronze corys was fun. Also grew Eel grass some 2M long in that tank. Sold that tank to leave home :-( Current home not quite big enough to have a fish room (probably just as well)

Now just have 3ft (x 2 1/2ft high) display tank which is home to hundreds of baby BN's + Dad BN pleco. Keen to get some new Clown Loaches after 7 year old clowns karked it due to blocked filter while on holiday recently (was gutted) oh - well first major accident in 30 years isn't too bad..

:-)

Welcome to the forum.

I was on the committee with Horry and Fay but that a few years ago :oops:

==

Likewise, guess you enjoyed all that passive smoking from Horries rollies as well? I Was on Committee for a few years. Must have been back in early 90's I guess. Horrie made my 6ft tank, and he and I made up my odd sized 3ft display tank which i still have in my living room. 20mm glass ends, very reinforced. It has lasted well.