Can I have

newfisher

If you don't want babies you will buy 2 and get a pair.. If you want babies you will buy 10 and get all males or all females..

If you get them from someone who can sex them (or research it on here how to sex them) then 2 females might be alright, but they may still pair off and lay infertile eggs and be a bit agro your other fish should handle it though and the eggs wont last long.

If you don't want babies you will buy 2 and get a pair.. If you want babies you will buy 10 and get all males or all females...

Haha, Yeah, like with the Jewels I used to have. I had 4 of them, ended up with I think it was 7 pairs, All of them trying to breed. Put two together, they'd pair up and try to breed, take one out replace it with another, pair up try to breed, take the other one out and replace it with a third, pair up try to breed...

Problem was, ALL FEMALE!

just get two. if you end up with a male & female they will breed but when i had mine i didn't get any fry from them as they kept eating their own eggs. If you do end up with fry just leave them in the tank & what do grow up you could sell either on here, TM or back to your LFS. you don't have to go through all the tasks of raising fry if you don't want them.

[Haha, Yeah, like with the Jewels I used to have. I had 4 of them, ended up with I think it was 7 pairs, All of them trying to breed. Put two together, they'd pair up and try to breed, take one out replace it with another, pair up try to breed, take the other one out and replace it with a third, pair up try to breed/quote]

Boy, sounds like you did a lot of work, you must have lots of patience!

Caper

Haha, Yeah, like with the Jewels I used to have. I had 4 of them, ended up with I think it was 7 pairs, All of them trying to breed. Put two together, they'd pair up and try to breed, take one out replace it with another, pair up try to breed, take the other one out and replace it with a third, pair up try to breed...

Problem was, ALL FEMALE!

Hoew can you have 7 pairs between 4 fish? :-?

Hoew can you have 7 pairs between 4 fish? :-?

Fish A B C and D.

Fish A+B pair up and attempt to breed

Fish A+C Pair up and attempt to breed

Fish A+D Pair up and attempt to breed

Fish B+C Pair up and attempt to breed

Fish B+D Pair up and attempt to breed

Fish C+D pair up and attempt to breed

Oops, Make that 6 pairs from 4 fish.