How to make a cheap temporary tank divider ?

Dubbo

Hi there.

I am trying to make a tank divider to seprate my 2 small severums from the big one that's been bullying them, the 2 are now stunted because of this I think.

I've looked on the net for some help but some of the materials they mention on the net such as plastic canvas and egg crate are not so easy to come by in NZ. I was thinking of using a rigid fly screen from bunnings and hook them up someway, anyone have an idea how to hook up a sheet of fly screen so it'll stay in water ? or know of a good solution to separate 1 fish tank ?

Tie the mesh to a thin bit of wood or dowel that is a bit wider than the tank so the wood sits across the top of the tank and holds up the mesh. You can then slide it to wherever you want depending on how much space you decide you need on each side.

You could also peg it in place.

I use 6mm aluminium extrusion (thin aluminium rod), plastic fly screen mesh, and silicone tubing split lengthwise to clip the mesh to the bent rod. Approx cost $10. All available from Bunnings or Mitre10 Mega. Assembly time under 1 hour.

You're welcome to come and see mine.

Could you post up a pic, Please :D