Which is the Best Tank to buy??

LYNDYLOO

I'm looking at get a new Tropical Tank something around the 250 Ltrs :bounce: :bounce:

The choices I have are: Aqua One 980

Juwel Vision 180

Jebo R3100

Aqua El

These are the only one's that will fit in the space I have to fill, your thoughts on these Tanks would be fantastic :hail::hail:

Dont wont to go out and spend all that money to find I've havent made a good choice :-? :-?

Thanks Guys

Lyndyloo

All these tanks are at the higher end of the market for tanks of that sort and should all perform well, and I presume all have similar sort of warranties.

I tend to remember that Jebo's were being phased out here( dont quote me), so that may be a factor in your thoughts should you require parts or after sales input.

I'd be querying that fact. Jewel are relatively new to the wider market, so should be good with their backup.

Otherwise personal preference I guess.

I too would go for whatever one you liked the look of best. I don't actually like any of the tank and stand units you can buy these days as they all look cheap and nasty to me :-?

I prefer to get a tank made at the glaziers then have someone make a stand - preferably a nice solid rimu, or similar, one.

My personal preference is to buy a plain glass tank and choose the other components individually. I find that my needs/wants/knowledge changes over time, and I like to change (upgrade) filters, lights, heaters, etc as I go along (over a matter of several years). So for me, none of the complete kit tanks would be the best tank to buy.

I too would go for whatever one you liked the look of best. I don't actually like any of the tank and stand units you can buy these days as they all look cheap and nasty to me :-?

I prefer to get a tank made at the glaziers then have someone make a stand - preferably a nice solid rimu, or similar, one.

Ooops! I should have read this first, then I could just say "I agree with Caryl!" :oops:

I agree with Whetu and Caryl, but if you're going to get an inclusive one, I'd recommend the Aqua One AR980. My first tank was an AR620, the AR980s baby sister. They're good tanks, and you can modify the lid to put in a sump/canister filter into the cabinet.

cost aside, id go for the jewels.

t5 lights

filter

flat glass

and enough space for an ext filter.

also those lids on the top.... think they're flimsy?

grab the 2 ends and bend them till the 2 ends touch AKA do not break :lol:

oh and they are german

and... space for auto feeder on the top.

Have you thought about a Euroview 90? This tank is just over 200L.

I'm no expert on tanks but we got quite a good deal for our one. Well i think so anyway

I think the rrp for mine was like $280 we managed to get it for $190

And the stand was $150.

I know those other set ups are pretty pricey (people may think mine was too)

But i think with this sort of tank if you don't mind 200 litres

Then you can buy the lighting and filtration you really want and save on a bit of money maybe??

2 things i'm not into on mine are the 3 piece glass lid and the cabinet instructions one page and the only writing i got was in asian.

http://www.aquaone.co.uk/Euroview_aquarium.php

Just another suggestion

Thanks Matt :D:D

It's great to be back :bounce: :bounce:

Cant wait to get my new tanks set up, been itching to do it for awhile :roll: :roll:

Once I got the new tanks sorted, my 4ft Custom Built Tank will probably go on Trade Me, have to say will be sad to see it go as it was a birthday present from hubby, just dont have the room for it anywhere :(:(

Hope everythings good with you and your Fishy's :)

Lyndyloo

Have finally decided to go with an Aquaone 980 and an Aquaone AR620T :D:D

Set up the AR620T last night looks great :D:D

I'm really thrilled with it :bounce: :bounce: Fishys seem more than happy

Decided against the Juwels, I think they are over priced, there are also a few other things I didn't like about them, the Tank Stand is smaller the actual Tank, the Tank also has joins in the corners, more places for algae to grow, also has an internal filter which takes up alot of space which fish could be using.

Ended up getting both my Tanks and Stands for less than 1 of the Juwels :hail::hail:

More than happy with what I have chosen :bounce: :bounce:

Lyndyloo

Hey phoenix44, I've just worked out who you are, had a nosey on your bebo page :-)

I meet you at animates yesterday, I was the lady that bought the 2 Aquaone tanks, and the 40 Neons and more, that Robin was bagging up, you came over and helped him bag them up, as I bought quite a few other fish aswell.

Have to say the service at Animates was fantastic, couldn't have asked for anything better, great how you all work together as a team and nothing is ever a problem.

No doudt you will be seeing me again sometime soon

Lyndyloo

it was halfway through reading what tanks you have that i too figured out who you are, lol :lol: :bounce:

congrats on the tanks, and i hope you are happy everything. I'm always available to help if you need it.

It was very busy yesterday - so between checking on the animals and making sure no one was troubling any of them etc, i did whatever i could help. I hope the fish traveled well, lol

Fish travelled very well thanks :D

Got the AquaOne AR620T all set up and running smoothly, all the Fishys look very happy and healthy in their new home :bounce: :bounce:

Fish in this Tank are: 10 Serpae's, 45 Neon's, 10 Harlequins, 2 Orange Chromides, 2 Blue Rams, 10 Male Guppies, 5 Female Guppies, 15 Swordtails male and Female.

If anybody is wondering why I have put these fish in a newly set up Tank, I've used stones and water from a tank that is still running and I'm breaking down at the moment :wink::wink:

Lyndyloo

yeah, the chromides will mock fight with each other, but no damage will occur.

they are very easy to keep, just add some salt in the water and they will go bright orange. Once they establish in the tank, they will not take well to new chromides. least thats how mine were.