car paint problem

Silvia-15

Look for a small label that tells you the colour code of the car, amusing that the car is still the factory colour. On a civic I think it should be on the inside of the drivers side door. Once you have this colour code take it into Repco and you can buy a spay can or paint pen of the colour, it can be a bit of mucking around looking through the books to match the colour but the match is pretty good.

Repainting the whole bumper is really the only way to get a quality finish.

Yep I agree, I had a small patch on one of my cars that I tried to touch up with the colour coded paint.. No matter how many times I tried sanded it back etc etc it just never looked very good, if you want your bumper to look good then paint the whole thing and then it probably wont match the rest of the car (due to fade wear and tear etc). In the end on my car I took it into the panel beater and got it blended properly for $60 (cash job) at a paint shop maybe have a look around see if there are any friendly panel beaters willing to do you a deal..

I doubt you will get it matched with touch up stuff as a car that age would have faded considerably :(

A friend just had her whole car repainted. I think it cost her $3,000 (probably as much as the car is worth :lol: :roll: ) but she is very happy with it and it looks great.

Bite the bullet and just put up with it until you can save up to get a ridiculousy oversized front kit. :lol: :wink:

Seriously though, you're almost better off just saving and going into a panelbeaters to spray the whole bumper. Any touch-up will just be annoying to look at because YOU know where it is and you'll keep looking at it everytime you're in a position to see it (trust me I know this :-? ).

If you are still considering using a touch-up paint, there are a few paint shops around that will mix it for you. One I can think of is in East Tamaki, on Greenmount Drive. Needed a custom paint mixed up awhile back and they came through fairly cheap, and in an aerosol can too. Just mask the area off as best you can, wait for a non windy day, and make sure there are no bugs around (a mate found that last one out the hard way :lol: )

Bite the bullet and just put up with it until you can save up to get a ridiculousy oversized front kit.

yup yup

thats exactly what i need, a big front bumper and nothing else :P , maybe ill find a 3' exhaust tip too!! and with my asian complexion, ill get the bumper sticker "ricer boy". :D:D:D :bounce:

everybodys fav kinda guy on the road :D

heres the car

AWESOME.jpg

1.5 litres of raw power, nearly stalled going up one tree hill in 2nd gear :(

Wow that is a nice colour.

naw if you're gonna get the front bumper, you HAVE to have all the gauges to go with it. ;)

(Not like I can talk with some of the cars I've had, BUT all the gauges WERE actually needed so I guess I get off the hook. :lol: )

I can see that car with some coil-overs, camber-adjusters, nice rims, and a H22A or if your lucky a K20A under the bonnet.

( yes I still follow the car scene :oops: )

hmm, would rather a b18c, a not too aggressive kit, sit a bit lower with some black spoon wheels.

i just love the smooth feel of honda engines, then just do the usual intake and exhaust mods

HOWEVER, dream car is still a kitted S15 rolling on some black nismo lm gt4's

if ya go and get it done right it should look right, couse they will buff the paint round it, or buy 3m hand glazes bout 4o bucks and do it ya self, its good stuff and it will do whole car a few times. most dis colour'in is on ya clear coat,most carpainters drink piss on a friday after work good time to get the good ol' kiwi cashy. also to stop the bumper crackin again ask bout flex additive go's in the primer, and helps paint move ive pushed out a good din in the same car with no paint damage couse of the flex add, or find bumper in tm the same colour and sell yours and hand glaze the new 1 , i wouldnt get a touch up can couse they are crap, and more offen look worse. shouldnt cost you more then 150 max to have a blend done, and its worth it ive been car painting for to many years poo job dont do it any more, but have invented my own custom paint work so i know my stuff.