BD doesnt like veges

henward

i have a BD

2 years old or so.

does not eat veges, refuses to even recognise it as food.

jumps at crickets, locusts, mealworms, waxmoth

but veges a no go.

why is this?

i see that you guys feed you beardies veges, plates of them, mine wont eat it\

how do i entice it to eat veges?

all i can say is keep trying

i have a 11mth old which is getting worse at eating her veg,she eats live bugs but nothing that doesnt move now(she used to eat her greens)

i also have a baby bd well a few mths old and he has eatin EVERY veg i give him since he was 5wks old he can eat more then older one no problem(im trying not to baby him like i did her)

but i just keep offering the greens sometimes i miss a day and put it in the next day with the worms crawling thro but she just picks them out but i no she will eat when she ready she still bright and colourfull and has her active moments(she is lazy tho)

oh and i do sneak a leaf in when she eating a bug(when im hand feeding)but apart from the odd leaf im having trouble with her too so your not the only one

you can also try organic baby food in a srynge and just touch its lips so it can taste it when put it on the salad(this worked for very sick dragons ,they loved it and are eating it everyday)

lol good one mark! i will reco it to hikari:P

should have it actually,

well, in theory, if they get all the vitamins and calcium, then veges are not neeed.

but i guess it is nice if they eat veges cos its cheaper:D lol

but thats ok jus wanted to know if anyne else has a beardy that likes meat more than veg!!

i guess in nature, they would probably eat more veges and greens if there are no insects around? so starvation more so than desire?

i dont wanna starve my BD. never really took to eating veges.

i have tried all fruits and veges, no luck, even bananas or sweet stuff that usually they love r should love, it doesnt eat, but if i put one waxworm or some meal worms or a cricket, it goes nuts!

i tried holding the vege by its mouth, no luck too.

beardies dont really drink much out of a tub or container o water so blending it wont work i think.

lol yeah

i was thinking bout that, or sticking some veges onto locusts or crickets!

no, yeah, i konw with out movement, they dont seem to care.

i even tried a string and jerked the vege around, but it doesnt seem to mimic real life movements of insencts.

never give up. Our beardie who is a siblings of Chillis doesn't like veges can't get the little gem to eat them no matter what. This morning ate a piece of lettuce, was mixed in with meal worms and crickets etc so here's hoping.!!!!!!!!!!!! just keep on trying. I put in a mix of veges and fruit every day and change in the pm. GOOD LUCK