Outdoor reptile beardie and BT enclosure questions and plan

henward

Hi all

planning ot make a reptile enclosure outdoors.

like a giant rabbit hutch, i want it to be a winter and summer enclosure.

i want a indoor bit in this outdoor enclosure where it has a glass front and a socket for a heater in it where they can go in and warm up in winter and get natural sun as they see fit.

but my dilema. As you know, if you do not then now you will - i am not a DIY, but i am gonna start! today! now! :D so i dont know jack sqaut aobut this stuff

do i use treated or untreated timber?

should i use untreated and paint or treated and no paint?

i know treatment for wood is very harmfull for all animals, does it seep out of the wood as it gets wet? or is it pretty safe?

has anyone used this before?

or should i use untreated and paint over it with outdoor paint perhaps?

any plans or pictures would also help of a rectangular enclosure like a giant rabbit hutch, this will be about 8 foot in length, by 1 metre by 1 metre approx.

no plans yet, but any pictures or even if you have plans already ...... please, save me some time!!:)

This may be abit big for your project. I like to share it anyway.

http://www.riobravoreptiles.com/howto_outdoor.htm

Thats a pretty good enclosure, you could modify it pretty easily. How do you plan on getting power to your enclosure? Running an outdoor lead? Maybe you want to look at building a removable lid on the indoor side instead of a hinge, it would be easier to clean and aerate.

Picture2-1.png